Job ID: 36675
Location: 4 World Trade Center
Reporting to the Aviation Commercial Officer (ACO), the successful candidate will provide support to the ADO and Deputy Commercial Officer (DCO) in the development and implementation of strategies for the preservation and enhancement of revenues at the Port Authority’s five-airport system including Airport Support Commercial Development, Cargo and Transportation Revenues, and support the ACO and DCO in managing the strategies and policies that govern the day-to-day processes of the Properties, Commercial Development and Transportation Revenues. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Airport Support Commercial Development
• Leads, in coordination with the ACO, DCO and Assistant Director Aviation Development (ADAD) and the respective airport Managers, Properties and Commercial Development, the development of commercial strategies, and guides implementation plans, for development of ancillary commercial development at airports including hotels, office space, meeting centers, and other commercial offerings outside of terminals based on global best practices to optimize revenues, services to the airport community, and create alignment with the Aviation Business Plan and other agency objectives.
• Leads in coordination with the ACO and DCO, in ongoing scan of leading industry trends, and the development of and guides implementation plans for initiatives for other innovative revenue opportunities.
• Leads, in coordination with the ACO and DOC and guiding the Manager Air Cargo Business Development, the advancement of the air cargo agenda for the Aviation Department and guides the development and implementation of an air cargo business/marketing plan
• Guides cargo revenue management, cargo planning, cargo capacity analysis
• Guides definition of future potential markets and implementation of a strategic market expansion strategy, identifies growth markets, and ensures correct market focus
• Guides allocation of facilities and resources to enable future agency growth in a new cargo portfolio of international partners and global customers, including airline cargo teams and freight forwarders
Transportation Revenue Programs
• Assists the DCO and coordinates with Manager of Ground Transportation (MGT) and Manager of Parking (MP), in the development and implementation of comprehensive parking and ground transportation management programs across the Port Authority’s airport system, including the ongoing evaluation of new product offerings to promote increased revenues and operational efficiency while also promoting customer perception of value for money.
• Assists the DCO and coordinates with MGT and Manager of Parking MP to ensure that contracts and initiatives are consistent with industry best practices and adaptable to meet changes in the airport ground transportation and parking industries and maximize revenue generation opportunities created thereby, as well as ensuring that contracts are aligned with airport and departmental policies and goals.
Properties & Commercial Development Administration
• Serves as the Aviation Properties Business Administrator documenting the the strategies, policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day business of the Properties and Commercial Development unit. In coordination with the ACO, DCO and the respective airport Managers, Properties and Commercial Development, MGT and MP to ensure that unit policies and procedures are documented and implemented, and authorization processes are adhered to.
• Serves as the primary Department contact for the real estate module of SAP to develop and implement protocol and policy with respect to data entry, billing and maintenance of the SAP system and leads the development and management of protocols for the processing of properties agreements and leveraging the use of other Aviation Properties and Commercial Development databases and technology tools.
• Coordinates with PA internal Audit department as well as external auditors related to Port Authority leasing procedures and information requests.
• Maintains the budget for the Properties division which includes justifying and securing funds for priority projects
• Under the direction of the ACO and DCO leads continuous improvement initiatives for the Properties and Commercial Development division.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
• At least 7 years of experience in property and/or revenue strategies; or business or financial analysis
• Experience developing and fostering internal and external relationships
• Knowledge of aviation industry
• Ability to travel to Aviation facilities.
• Favorable results for a Criminal History Records Check to obtain and/or maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) access and successful completion of a SIDA test.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
Advanced degree in aviation management, business, or public administration is desirable.
• Demonstrated strong project management skills and ability to concurrently manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive schedules and deadlines.
• Substantial and progressively responsible experience in conducting or participating in lease negotiations.
• Excellent oral, written and negotiation skills to support recommended solutions to senior management and others.
• Experience in creating and giving effective presentations to executive staff
• Demonstrated experience in negotiating and working with other departments in progressing leases.
• Demonstrated experience in decision making, problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to effectively interact with at all levels including senior level management of various disciplines both inside and outside the Port Authority as well as external constituents.
• High level of integrity and dependability with ability to think on both a strategic and tactical level to develop long-term achievable plans.
• Demonstrated experience with technology work flows and database systems.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data related to commercial transactions, deduce trends, and perform strategic risk assessments.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.