This job posting is no longer active.
This is a non-represented position. This mobility assignment is expected to last approximately 4 months. The hours of the position are 7:45am – 3:45pm.
The role is a front-line representative of the Human Resources team and primary interface with employees, vendors and contractors at the 2Montgomery location Learning Center and responsible for ensuring our training programs, benefits briefings and assessment/testing activities are coordinated with the highest level of quality. The incumbent will also provide ongoing administrative support to the Program Director, Business Solutions and Strategy and Chief Negotiator.
Key responsibilities include:
- Phone coverage for Program Director and Chief Negotiator
- Maintain weekly briefings with the Program Director to discuss priorities for the week and/or challenges in completing tasks / assignments / projects
- Process timekeeping for the Divisions units using PeopleSoft and oversee maintenance of daily attendance for assigned departments.
- Process petty cash through PeopleSoft
- Process all invoices and prepare purchase requisitions and payment requests using SAP;
- Prepare presentation material using Microsoft Power Point and Excel;
- Greet visitors to the organization in a professional, welcoming and helpful manner.
- Provide support to Labor Relations Team on the following activities:
- Coordinate excused time requests for union representatives for negotiations, grievances, and IPs
- Prepare and distribute authorization memos for unions payments
- Proofread and review documents prior to distribution
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of mass mailings
- Properly label and file (electronically) relevant LRD documents in LRD drive and/or Livelink, etc.
- Send Board minutes to union officers
- Send quarterly reports to union officers
Training Operations Support:
- Coordinate delivery / receipt of training materials with internal and external partners and ensure materials are secured for programs, assessments, etc.
- Meet and greet trainers / presenters as the primary point of contact for human resources programs at the 2 Montgomery HR Center for Learning and Achievement*
- Assist in ordering and monitoring inventory for supplies at the training center
- Coordinate equipment repairs with Real Estate and Technology Services Department
- Copy documents / handout / retrieve packages and sign-in sheets
- Coordinate room set-up / Forward class lists to Security Desk
- Handle departmental projects as assigned;
- This position also serves as back up to the other administrative staff;
*Act as the department onsite contact for presenters and vendors at the Learning Center for Talent Management / Training, Assessment Services Unit (ASU), and Total Rewards.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Applicants must meet all qualifications for Band III titles identified in the Administrative Testing Series Bulletin as of January 2018.
- Applicants must meet attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods. Absence will be evaluated over a rolling 3-year period as of the closing date of this job posting. Candidates must have 3 or fewer sick absence occasions and 11 or fewer sick days in 2 of the last 3 years. Sick absence occasion/days related to IOD’s, hospitalization and maternity leave are excluded. All other absences are included. Applicants with 4 or more sick occasions or 12 or more sick days in 2 of the last 3 years are not eligible for further consideration for this opportunity.
Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- 5+ years of administrative experience supporting senior level management in the private or public sectors.
- Must have exceptional judgement and remain calm under pressure.
- Must have ability to anticipate needs and issues and act accordingly.
- Must have ability to change focus of work seamlessly without loss of efficiency, adapt to unexpected requests and manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Proven track record of supporting senior leaders.
- Must be highly-organized, detail-orientated, take initiative, and proactively follow-up.
- Ability to manage workload in a fast-paced and high-intensity work environment.
- High proficiency and comfort using Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint SAP Applications),
- General familiarity with or willingness to learn various cloud document sharing applications (e.g. LiveLink)
- Must have a strong interpersonal, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make clear and timely decisions.
- Must display professional maturity and have ability to support and interact with all levels of management.
- Must be familiar with business technology including but not limited to web conferencing, SAP, PeopleSoft, and ADTRAV.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.