Under the direction of the Assistant Manager, Financial Accounting & Reporting, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Preparing and coordinating the Port Authority quarterly and year-end financial statements, which include writing the Management and Discussion and Analysis, Note Disclosures and Supplemental Information.
- Overseeing financial accounting aspects, including the required note disclosures, associated with Port Authority debt obligations for both GAAP and Statutory financial statements.
- Monitoring and analyzing Port Authority balance sheet accounts as they relate to PA debt obligations (Consolidated Bonds & Notes, Commercial Paper, Variable Structured Obligations, Variable Rate Master Notes, and Equipment Notes).
- Conducting accounting research and preparing accounting position papers associated with new accounting standards and proposed business transactions.
- Supervising management accountants responsible for bank reconciliations and for the sources and uses of Port Authority funding used to finance capital expenditures.
- Identifying staff development and training needs.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Corporate Finance from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum 7 years of relevant work experience can be accepted
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance with concentration in accounting from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of Statements issued by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB)..
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, research and apply accounting theory (GAAP and Statutory)
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and analyze financial statements
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both written and orally
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated experience in supervising and developing staff
- Demonstrated experience with financial systems and database type software, preferably SAP experience in Financial Accounting
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.