The Executive Human Resources Business Partner (EHRBP) is a multi-dimensional, strategic, Human Resources professional with broad Human Resources experience and a demonstrated ability to build and foster valuable relationships with various business leaders. The EHRBP leads and manages the Human Capital agenda and manages various strategic services to the senior leadership of the Business Units. The EHRBP is a member of the management team in their assigned Business Units and actively supports key business objectives and strategic initiatives. The EHRBP directly supervises HR Business Partners and Senior HR Business Partners, including goal setting, coaching, and development of staff. The EHRBP ensures the timely execution and completion of various initiatives, while guiding staff to goal accomplishment.
- Partner closely with business leaders to link organizational and workforce strategies to improve organization effectiveness, talent quality, and performance.
- Directly supervise HR Business Partners and Senior HR Business Partners, including goal setting, coaching, and staff development, as well as ensuring timely execution/completion of initiatives and guide staff to programmatic goal accomplishment.
- Contribute to improving the delivery of Human Resources programs, aligning Human Resources and people strategies with business strategies.
- Ensure Human Resources programs and plans are aligned to the business priorities and monitor effectiveness through the tracking of key measures.
- Partner with executives and senior management to develop and drive strategic workforce plans with clear, actionable steps that optimize the organization’s talent, structure, process and culture.
- Recommend and ensure implementation of strategic directions for people development within the organization.
- Lead and manage all Human Resources-related change management initiatives with Business Units to bring about desired organizational and cultural changes.
- Identify strategic Human Resources issues in partnership with key business partners and support them with advice and expertise to resolve.
- Lead ongoing talent review processes for Business Units’ senior staff; assess and identify high performing/high potential leaders, ensure succession and development plans are in place.
- In conjunction with Employee Relations, effectively counsel leaders on significant employee relations issues and reduce potential business liabilities.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Talent Centers of Expertise to identify and prioritize programs that require improvements.
- Project Manage and lead cross-functional teams on select Human Capital & agency projects and initiatives.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in partnership with business leaders in a Human Resources Business Partner or Senior Human Resources capacity.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience providing strategic direction and advising senior leadership on solutions that advance the business agenda or resolve business issues.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Proven ability and expertise to strategically address a broad range of Human Resources functional areas, such as Organization Design and Development, Change Management, Talent Planning and Development, Coaching, and Performance Management.
- Proven ability to influence and drive results within Human Resources and the Business Unit.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and develop creative and innovative recommendations and decisions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively persuading, influencing and negotiating with individuals at various levels of the organization to achieve desired outcomes.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including experience interacting effectively with staff at all levels and making presentation to business leaders to achieve mutually desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated project and resource management expertise to implement Human Capital plans and priorities, while maximizing resources to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to analyze data and complex information from a wide range of sources (both internally and industry data) to inform decisions about Human Capital initiatives and programs.
- Strong client service orientation.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.