This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 35622
Department: Project Management Office
Location: 4 World Trade Center
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Project Delivery Services in the Project Management Office (PMO), the selected candidate will be responsible for the overall supervision and management of the project controls functions associated with the development, management and delivery of projects throughout the Agency. The roles and responsibilities for this position include the management of approximately seven (7) permanent and twelve (12) consultant staff. This position is responsible for providing leadership and oversight of the staff that support the project cost and schedule management efforts, including the supervision of Project Controls Analyst (PCA) and Project Control Specialist (PCS) efforts associated with the development, update and monitoring of the project costs and schedules. This positions also supports the development and implementation of standardized project performance metric, processes and procedures to monitor project progress and support project delivery as well as the alignment of the project control systems to ensure support and compliance with the Capital Planning needs and efforts.
You will be responsible to:
* Implement project controls process and procedures, including project financial and schedule planning and forecasting as well as quality review
* Support the PMO Director in agency level analysis and executive reporting including preparation monthly executive summary and report for Senior Management.
* Develop and implement standardized project performance metric, processes and procedures to monitor project costs and schedules
* Integrate, coordinate and schedule all project controls resources
* Support the Capital Planning yearly Capital budget development and oversight
* Manage the development and update the Construction Program Book
* Manage the development, update and monthly reporting associated with the Contract Award plan
* Ensure the updates and maintenance of project control systems are performed with accuracy in a timely manner
* Ensure compliance with Project Control Specialist guide including integration of updated project schedule templates as necessary
* Manage the performance of the annual Project Manager (PM) workload analysis
* Ensure the timely monthly update of the project schedules in the Present and Plan Work PPW schedule management system as well as the project cost in the Integrated Capital Management system (ICMS) for all Capital & Operating projects.
* Manage the enhancement of the existing project status reporting system to provide alignment with the Capital plan.
* Coordinate with Project Management Standards Manager for the implementation of new project controls processes and procedures.
* Coordinate with the Manager, Project Management Systems to enhance the project delivery reporting application such as the Dashboard.
* Collaborate and coordinate with cross-functional/departments to streamline project controls processes with focus on on—time, on-budget and on-plan project delivery.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.