To support a growing workload, the Procurement Department is seeking an energetic individual to join the Technology Acquisitions group. The ideal candidate will be flexible, work with integrity, and demonstrate professional and ethical behavior with fair and transparent decision making. The individual will be able to drive work assignments to effective and efficient conclusion and handle a diverse portfolio with some assignments working independently and others being team based. The job generally consists of all phases of procurement related tasks from requisition to contract award, including but not limited to reviewing license agreements and contract terms, developing solicitation packages, evaluating offers, and negotiating agreements. The selected individual will also be comfortable accessing and using technology-based recording and reporting systems to enter and analyze information.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Technology Acquisitions, the Technology Procurement Strategic Sourcing Specialist’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate all aspects of the strategic sourcing and procurement processes for IT products and services which include physical and logical security needs; cloud based offerings; web, application and other development services utilizing various procurement methods (bids, call ins, RFPs, etc.) inclusive of the development of targeted negotiation strategies.
- Review and provide targeted, market driven feedback on scopes, price sheets and solicitation documents to ensure clarity and completeness.
- Analyze and incorporate relevant input to vendor proposals, subscription and license agreements and other related documents for responsiveness, accuracy, and completeness.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or a minimum of five years relevant Procurement experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of two years’ procurement experience.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Subject matter experience and / or direct experience negotiation with technology market leaders; physical and logical security providers, application and web development and support agreements, technology call in or master agreements;
- Prior public sector procurement experience.
- Information technology specific contract or project management experience.
- Experience in drafting and analyzing contract terms and related legal documents, especially as it relates to IT contract terms.
- Working knowledge of procurement best practices inclusive of strategic sourcing methods.
- Demonstrated experience with technology procurements and an ability to effectively interpret and work with technology-based contract terms and related documents such as Cloud based, End User License, Maintenance & Subscription agreements.
- Proven technology market knowledge and general market research and negotiation skills.
- Experience developing and maintaining project schedules and delivering completed work product on time in a fast-paced environment with vague information.
- Experience in reviewing and effectively editing scopes of work, price sheets, etc.
- Strong decision-making & problem-solving skills, excellent oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to maintain effective relationships internally and externally with a strong customer service orientation.
- Comfortable navigating and effectively using Electronic Procurement and sourcing tools such as SAP.
- Demonstrated experience with standard business software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365, SAP etc.
- Possession of one of the following: Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.