Under the direct supervision of the Program Director - Tenant Facility Office (TFO), this position will manage the surge of tenant fit-out projects at the WTC Complex, provide world-class service to stakeholders and clients and will be responsible for:
- Representing the TFO as initial point of contact for tenants contemplating any construction, alteration or maintenance work on or within their leased premises
- Collaborating with the WTC Department, as well as representatives from Port Authority engineering, quality assurance, design and construction staff, in addition to Facility Operations and Maintenance in order to facilitate timely reviews of design submissions and implement tenant applications for work associated with the Complex
- Supervising the Tenant Alteration Application close-out process through the elimination of outstanding technical comments, participation in field inspections, and providing regular updates to the project’s software platform
- Providing oversight of conformance with the Tenant Construction and Alteration Process
- Maintaining a schedule of activity and tracking status of all projects
- Developing yearly revenue projections, maintaining and updating the project archives and preparing reports, abstracts and presentations for upper level management
Additional Information: This is a project position
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Major in Architecture or Engineering (or related field) from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge and familiarity of NYC Building and Fire codes and/or prior experience with Engineering’s Quality Assurance Division
- Knowledge of industry standard procedures related to engineering design and construction review, approval, and permitting
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s Degree with a Major in Architecture or Engineering (or related field) from an accredited college or university
- Engineering/Architecture Professional License
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with exceptional ability to prepare and provide presentations to staff at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively with great decision making, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Strong experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups and project teams
- Demonstrated ability to establish plans; set priorities; coordinate activities and delegate tasks and responsibilities appropriately
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact, negotiate, persuade and influence individuals and executive management within and outside the Port Authority
- Possess knowledge of building design and construction, MEP and fire alarm systems.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and qualitative research skills. Willing to extend availability, as needed, to support the high volume of projects at the WTC Complex
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.