Reporting to the Principal Program Manager, Operations Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of functions including but not limited to:
- Program Management of the contract services function for TB&T including upkeep of contract master database.
- Contract layout and preparation of maintenance and service contracts that provide for the needs of the facilities.
- Technical research and investigation tasks required to address the maintenance requirements of systems/equipment maintained under contract, including discussions with outside equipment vendors, PA Engineering staff, facility staff, and/or other internal and external sources.
- Facility coordination directly with TB&T facility management to identify scope of work for required services under contract. Tasks include site visits, technical meetings at facility, budget issue discussions, etc.
- Preparation of technical specifications for maintenance and service contracts.
- Coordination of contract preparation efforts with all involved PA Departments, e.g., Law, Procurement, Risk Management, TEC, Engineering, etc.
- Preparation of required authorization documentation and back up information for contracts such as Memorandum of Authorization/Justification, Board Item folders, etc.
- Preparation of RFP documents for specific contracts, and participation on RFP technical and selection committees.
- Briefing TB&T management regarding the need for contract financial resources, contract terms, Board related issues, etc.
- Performance metric reporting for the Executive Director and TB&T’s Director.
- Unit budget preparation support.
- Participation on Agency committees related to contract management and administration.
- Miscellaneous management support for Agency and TB&T initiatives.
- Development project support including oversight of payments to consultants and contractors; handling of monthly accruals, and related tracking and record keeping.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in writing, managing and administering technical, maintenance and service contracts.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience working in technical fields such as Engineering, Architecture, Information Systems, Computer software/hardware, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with the preparation of comprehensive written documents such as contracts, specifications, technical white papers, etc.
- Demonstrate written communication, analytical, time management and problem solving skills, and the ability to work independently and prioritize multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Port Authority organizational structure, policies and procedures, including those related to budget, business planning, and contract administration.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with PA procurement procedures, SAP payments, and contract development/administration, facility maintenance, and/or facility operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including interacting with staff at all levels within the Port Authority, including working directly with facility maintenance and operations staff.
- Demonstrated ability in establishing project plans, setting priorities, coordinating activities that are technical in nature, and following projects through to completion.
- Ability to reach sound conclusions, problem solve, and make recommendations based on analytical thinking.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.