The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey seeks an experienced Senior Program Manager, Cargo / Infrastructure to oversee the planning and delivery of various aspects of the John F. Kennedy (JFK) Redevelopment Program. The JFK Redevelopment Program is responsible for delivering a world class airport that will meet the growing needs of the region in 2050 when JFK is expected to handle 100M annual passengers. To accommodate that growth, JFK’s terminals, associated apron, roads, bridges, utilities and parking, as well as the infrastructure, including AirTrain system, Cargo Facilities and Airport Fueling will need to be assessed and modernized / reconstructed. The components of the Redevelopment Program will be planned, designed and constructed by a combination of various consultant and contractors procured through traditional and innovative procurement methods.
The Senior Program Manager, Cargo / Infrastructure will provide supervision, guidance and leadership to the Program and Project Managers assigned to JFK Redevelopment to move the planning of the JFK Vision and tenant development initiatives into the next stages of development and provide coordination with the programs other senior management team.
This is a long term project role associated with JFK Redevelopment project deliverables. This position has an end date of 12/2020 with the possibility for extension.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of project/program delivery, including the development of quality Project Management Plans, project/program reporting and development of corrective action plans.
- Analyze project risk and complexity and develop procurement strategies to achieve delivery and performance of the JFK Redevelopment programs.
- Provide recognition and impetus for the importance of the Board process. Supervises the preparation of high quality MJs, briefing folders, support materials and presentations.
- Provide guidance to staff in the CPOC and Gate Review process. Implementing productivity and process improvements that reduce costs and/or delivery time.
- Ensure continually improved levels of service, quality and increased customer satisfaction through oversight of the project implementation including assurance of collaboration and coordination among all stakeholders and mitigation of facility operational impacts. Fosters conclusive conflict resolution in all Stages.
- Ensure all project related information is current and accurate. Provides high-level briefing on project status to senior executive management.
- Lead, develop and motivate staff ensuring the highest level of staff capabilities aligned with best industry, project-management practices. Ensures appropriate resource allocation and establishes performance measures for staff.
- Assist the Program Director in accomplishing the divisions day to day tasks and responsibilities including during his/her absence; attend meetings, make project related decisions, review and sign documents and respond to senior management requests
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture (or related discipline) from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to project management systems, administration, capital authorization and agenda review process
- Knowledge of the Aviation industry including experience and coordination with airlines and other airport tenants
- Minimum 10 years progressively responsible senior level project and program management experience in concurrent, complex, transportation infrastructure and technology projects, preferably in an airport environment including knowledge of design, construction and procurement
- Thorough knowledge of the engineering design process, construction management, construction estimating and project budgeting and scheduling
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Extensive knowledge of project management scheduling cost control and scope/code compliance review procedures, along with knowledge of multi-discipline engineering and construction principles.
- Substantive knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures related to project management systems, administration, the capital authorization and agenda review processes and document control.
- Proven ability to develop intricate program and project strategies to achieve business goals and to understand their impact on various stakeholder within and outside the Port Authority.
- Extensive experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams and internal and external stakeholders, including Regulatory Agencies.
- Demonstrated superior customer service, decision-making, problem solving, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Recognized leadership qualities in the guidance of Staff Departments efforts to deliver program and project objectives.
- Knowledge of the Aviation industry including the implementation of the Aviation Business and Capital Plan including the budgeting process.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Finance.
- Professional Engineer or Registered Architect license in New York or New Jersey.
- Experience and coordination with Airlines and other Airport tenants.
- Experience in engineering design.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
During 2018, the Port Authority handled a projected 137.9 million passengers at its four commercial airports – John F. Kennedy International, Newark Liberty International, LaGuardia and New York Stewart International airports—an increase of 3.8 percent over 2017’s previous record high. Newark Liberty reported a 6.3 percent annual increase, JFK reported a 2.5 percent increase and LaGuardia saw its annual passenger volume rise by 2.3 percent. New York Stewart reported a 44.2 percent surge in traffic, driven in part by new, low-cost nonstop service offered by Norwegian Air to destinations overseas.
To accommodate future airport demand, the Port Authority and its private airport partners have committed an unprecedented $28 billion – the most in agency history – to maintain and build new airport facilities across the system. The level of investment illustrates the Port Authority’s aggressive commitment to creating a network of state-of-the art airport facilities.
- At LaGuardia, an $8 billion rebuilding of the legacy airport is in progress, and in December, the first new concourse in Terminal B opened to the public.
- At Newark Liberty, ground was broken in October for a new Terminal One that will replace the aging and obsolete Terminal A.
- At JFK, Governor Cuomo announced in October a $13 billion project to rebuild the airport, including the addition of 4 million square feet to the airport’s north and south sides to increase airport capacity by at least 15 million passengers annually. The first new gates of the redeveloped terminal are scheduled to open in 2023 with projected completion in 2025.
The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.