The Aviation of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Supervisor, Airport Transportation Services to manage contracts and business relationships that provide ground transportation and customer service operations at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR).
Under the direction of the Manager, Landside Operations and Customer Service, the Supervisor, Airport Transportation Services will work closely with Airport Operations Field Supervisors, airlines, terminal operators, federal and state agencies, and several other Port Authority units to meet and exceed airport requirements for customer needs and services.
The Supervisor, Airport Transportation Services will:
- Manage the on-airport bus contract; overseeing the procurement and maintenance of EWR’s bus fleet; developing operating plans for emergency bus service and contingency busing for AirTrain disruptions and passenger service improvements; addressing internal audit findings and seeking best practices to optimize operational efficiencies
- Coordinate among airport stakeholders the improvements and repairs on all landside roadways, including signage/ banners, lighting and marking issues; and working collaboratively to resolve roadway and traffic congestion issues and updates to the airport traffic management plan
- Coordinate major landside construction projects with Landside Field Supervision staff and other Port Authority stakeholders, external agencies and the airport community, seeking to minimize impacts to tenants and customers
- Engage with TNCs and airport privilege permittees to ensure proactive management of terminal frontage space and mitigation of operational issues as necessary
- Oversee of airport Welcome Centers to ensure functionality and aesthetic improvements are provided as necessary, in accordance with Department standards
- Monitor of airport employee busing operations, and providing data analysis as necessary to support decisions related to the operation
- Develop ground transportation construction bulletins, emergency plans and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) related to inclement weather, irregular operations, and daily operational procedures
- Actively participate in the activation of the Emergency Operations Center to facilitate return to normal operations during severe weather or other unplanned incidents that disrupt the operation (This may require off hour and weekend schedules on an infrequent basis)
- Prepare administrative, planning, and authorization documents related to coordination of special events, correspondence letters, contract performance reports, ground transportation operations bulletins, unit expense budgets and variance reports, and Policy Review Memorandum Justification (PRMJ) and Agenda Items
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience administering and managing service contracts at both single and multi-facility contact levels
- Experience overseeing a diverse workforce, such as unionized staff or service contractors
- Prior experience working with MS Excel where you have manipulated and extracted simple data/ and/or maintained spreadsheets
- Prior experience with PowerPoint where you have put together or updated presentations
- Ability to report immediately to airport emergencies, inclusive of inclement weather or other irregular operations, 24 hours per day, seven days per week
- Valid driver’s license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Aeronautical Science, Business Administration, Transportation, Supply Logistics from an accredited college or university
- Experience with, and knowledge of, Port Authority and Aviation operating policies and procedures, including those related to administration, budgeting, staffing, contract development and management and Port Authority procurement methods
- Knowledge of the Port Authority contract authorization process
- Direct experience ground transportation operations
- Prior experience presenting before PA leadership and interacting effectively with diverse groups, such as Port Authority and external senior management, tenants, contractors, vendors, and government, community and industry officials
- Experience tracking budget performance with SAP and BudgetPro applications
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
In February 2019, the Port Authority handled a projected 9.31 million passengers at its four commercial airports – John F. Kennedy International, Newark Liberty International, LaGuardia and New York Stewart International airports – the highest total ever achieved in the month of February, surpassing the previous monthly record set in February 2018.
The record aviation passenger volume was driven by record passengers at Newark Liberty International and LaGuardia airports, and record international travel at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Work for one of the world’s most vital and vibrant operations of transportation network! We want dynamic candidates who have a clear interest in a career in public service and show a passion for all areas of aviation/airport management.
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.