The Aviation department of the Port Authority of NY & NJ is currently seeking an experienced Program Manager to manage and coordinate the TCAP Process for JFK Redevelopment. The JFK Redevelopment Program is currently valued at $13B and consists of delivering two new major international Terminals, expansion of two additional Terminals and includes associated apron, roads, bridges, utilities and parking. All Terminals Redevelopment Programs, design and construction are performed through Public Private Partnerships (PPP) with private investment third parties and terminal operators and will follow the Tenant Construction and Alteration Process (TCAP).
The TCAP Program Manager will:
- Provide program management and coordination of the TCAP Process for the design and construction of new facilities associated with the JFK Redevelopment Program.
- Facilitate all work related to TCAP including tenant correspondence, submittal tracking and management, documentation control, resolution of rider comments as well as managing tenant alteration closeouts for the Facility.
- Collaborate with JFK program management staff as well as private developer staff and peers from Port Authority engineering (quality assurance, design and construction) personnel, health and safety inspectors.
- Collaborate with Facility Operations and Maintenance staff to facilitate timely reviews of JFK TCAP submissions to meet critical program milestones.
- Provide management oversight to assure that JFK’s current non-Redevelopment TAAs are managed and executed in accordance with TCAP manuals as well as any new TCAP Lean Procedures as well as managing staff in closing backlog TAAs
- Working closely with the JFK Redevelopment Program Director and Redevelopment Project Managers assigned to the program.
- Provide program management and coordination of the TCAP for design and construction of new facilities and associated landside and airside projects that comprise the JFK Redevelopment Program.
- This includes terminal building shell & fit-out, aeronautical apron & taxiways, roads, bridges, utilities and parking.
- Collaborate with JFK project management staff, JFK management staff, as well as Port Authority engineering, quality assurance, design and construction staff, to facilitate reviews of the Developers submissions and implement all tenant applications for work associated with both the JFK Redevelopment program and non-Redevelopment program.
- Facilitate all work related to TCAP including tenant correspondence, submittal tracking and management through the eBuilder Construction Management Software workflow, document control, issuance of alteration permits, issuance of temporary and final certificates of occupancy, coordination, resolution and issuance of rider comments, as well as managing tenant alteration closeouts.
- Oversee and technical coordination of design, construction and airport facility comments.
- In addition to building code reviews by engineering quality assurance, there will be reviews by engineering design to confirm compliance with commercial design guidelines, sustainable design requirements, security protocols and contract requirements/provisions for work.
- Engineering construction will also review designs for compliance with phasing, staging, traffic control, environmental commitments and lease obligations.
- Provide external coordination, issuance of rider comments, reporting and evaluating progress, and preparing and/or reviewing presentation materials and letters to third parties, with a focus on resolution of conflicts among and between PA departments, NYC agencies, utility companies, airlines, local community, and all other stakeholders
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Engineering (or related field) from an accredited program.
- Experience in concurrent complex, transportation infrastructure and technology projects, including knowledge of design, construction and procurement processes.
- Knowledge of industry standard procedures related to engineering design and construction review, approval, and permitting.
- Experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams and internal and external stakeholders, including Regulatory Agencies.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience utilizing the eBuilder software platform.
- Experience managing TAAs (Tenant Application Alterations).
- Knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures related to the code compliance review and TCAP procedures.
- Experience in concurrent complex, transportation infrastructure and technology projects, including knowledge of design, construction and procurement in an airport environment.
- Professional Engineer's or Registered Architect's License in NY or NJ.
- Demonstrated strong managerial skills to provide requisite oversight for support staff.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Work for one of the world’s most vital and vibrant operations of transportation network! We want dynamic candidates who have a clear interest in a career in public service and show a passion for all areas of aviation/airport management.
During 2018, the Port Authority handled a projected 137.9 million passengers at its four commercial airports – John F. Kennedy International, Newark Liberty International, LaGuardia and New York Stewart International airports—an increase of 3.8 percent over 2017’s previous record high. Newark Liberty reported a 6.3 percent annual increase, JFK reported a 2.5 percent increase and LaGuardia saw its annual passenger volume rise by 2.3 percent. New York Stewart reported a 44.2 percent surge in traffic, driven in part by new, low-cost nonstop service offered by Norwegian Air to destinations overseas.
In February 2019, the Port Authority handled a projected 9.31 million passengers at its four commercial airports – John F. Kennedy International, Newark Liberty International, LaGuardia and New York Stewart International airports – the highest total ever achieved in the month of February, surpassing the previous monthly record set in February 2018. The record aviation passenger volume was driven by record passengers at Newark Liberty International and LaGuardia airports, and record international travel at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.