Under the direction of the Manager of Business Programs, the selected candidate will be responsible for the negotiation, management, and administration of all contracts with bus carriers operating at the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT), George Washington Bridge Bus Station (GWBBS) and other TB&T properties, worth $20 million a year in revenues, as well as providing analytical support for bus and terminal operations. This position is located at 4 World Trade Center in Manhattan, NY with occasional travel to the bus terminals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lease/License Agreements: Develop and negotiate terms for lease and license agreements and complete contractual executions and renewals. Coordinate with other Port Authority departments (e.g. Law, Comptrollers, Risk Management, Credit, Collections & Accounts Receivable) and obtain Port Authority authorization as necessary.
- Contract Management: Maintain compliance with agreements. Working with the SAP Real Estate Module, ensure that billing is done accurately, monitor payments by the bus carriers and take corrective action for delinquencies, maintain up-to-date certificates of insurance, support audits of activity and payments, and maintain all agreement-related documents in databases and files.
- Carrier Relations: Establish and maintain working relationships with all bus carriers operating at TB&T bus facilities. Respond to bus carrier inquiries and coordinate with terminal management to address bus carrier issues.
- Activity and Revenue Analysis: Provide analytical and data collection support for efforts to improve bus terminal operations and revenue performance. Collect activity reports from bus carriers, generate estimates and forecasts of bus and passenger volumes, and respond to inquiries. Prepare the annual Revenue Budget for bus carrier agreements and perform regular analysis of revenue performance versus budget. Assist with studies and fieldwork to supplement existing data sources as needed.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor degree in Business, Public Administration, Real Estate, Urban/Transportation Planning, Economics, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- One year of related work experience.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience in negotiating and ensuring counter-party compliance with leases/contracts
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with external and internal staff of various disciplines and organizational levels. Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence as appropriate.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written skills
- Expert user skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Knowledge and experience using SAP Real Estate Module
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent issues, prioritize workloads, and to follow through to meet deadlines
- General understanding of or direct work experience with bus carriers or bus mass transit operations
- Familiarity with the Port Authority authorization process
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.