Do you live and breathe federal regulations? Do you want to work with top-notch contract and compliance teams to provide informed and complex legal advice to business units that negotiate and service contracts? Our team is looking for the right candidate to help develop and manage a best-in-class public sector compliance program.
Reporting to the Managers of the Integrity, Compliance and Contract Review Group and the Federal Procurement and Compliance Group, you will identify legal and compliance obligations imposed through law or grants, and collaborate with leaders in the legal, business, and compliance groups to ensure that the Authority has adequate processes and procedures in place to meet those obligations. The work will involve reviewing, analyzing, and advising on all-things contracts, including: RFPs, RFQs, solicitations, contract modifications, procurement guidelines, procurement regulations (especially FAR), and other statutes and regulations applicable to contracts at the federal, state, and local level.
You will work to ensure that Port Authority procurement processes, procedures, and solicitation documents are innovative and reflect best in class practices. This position requires an adaptable, quick learning individual who has working knowledge of the various aspects of federal contracting to include contract, agreement development; change management and compliance training. You will be a subject matter expert on legal compliance obligations, and you'll work closely with our buyers, operations, legal, and regulatory compliance teams to ensure the Authority does what it says it will do in our grants.
In this role, you would:
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures to ensure that the Authority meets mandatory federal, state, and local law, regulation, and other contractual compliance obligations that are applicable to federal grants/contracts;
- Coordinate with transactional attorneys, other legal subject matter experts, buyers, operations staff, and your compliance teammates to provide timely and excellent legal advice on federal contract compliance issues (especially conflicts of interest, award and debarment issues);
- Serve as a legal compliance resource;
- Develop federally compliant templates for contracts, agreements, task orders and change orders;
- Develop, update and deliver internal training programs, including development and updating of training materials, policies and procedures and other required documents to ensure compliance with PA and federal contract policies, procedures, operating practices and standards to ensure successful program execution within requirements and organization objectives;
- Develop, facilitate and update comprehensive policies and procedures, guidelines and forms related to federal procurement services;
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and requirements related to procurement services activities;
- Research and analyze procurement best practices, and encourage innovation and facilitate improvement;
- Oversee and manage integrity and compliance reviews for Informal Procurements (i.e., Micro Purchases, Small Purchases, etc.), Formal Procurements (i.e., Request for Proposals, Requests for Quotes, Cooperative Agreements, Intergovernmental Agreements, Invitation for Bids, etc.), Alternative Project Delivery Procurements (i.e. Design Build, Non-competitive proposals, etc.), emergency or other unplanned acquisitions and such other acquisition activities as may be required from time to time.
- Perform such other related duties as may be required and/or assigned
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A Juris Doctor (J.D.) or its international equivalent;
- Either one (1) year experience working with procurement matters, compliance, or demonstrated experience drafting and reviewing contracts.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Solid understanding of statutory and regulatory rules that govern federal contracting for agencies such as FTA, FHWA, FEMA, and FAA.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the demonstrated capability of developing and maintaining internal and external positive and professional relationships;
- Excellent research and analytical skills and experience in preparing solicitations, proposals, contracts and similar documents of various complexities. Excellent organizational skills to plan, prioritize, evaluate and solve systemic and other problems and challenges quickly and accurately;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner in preparing correspondence for high level initiatives, conducting pre-proposal conferences and presenting information to senior management and other business unit members;
- Ability to develop, design and implement systemic protocols, practices and procedures relative to acquisition services program activities;
- Working knowledge of Federal Circulars, particularly FTA Circular 4220.1F;
- Understanding of procurement strategies, complex agreements, negotiations and contract formation;
- Familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.