The Aviation Department is currently seeking an experienced Program Manager to manage key initiatives with internal and external partners that will advance significant Customer Experience (CX) improvements at the Port Authority’s (PA) airports – Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), LaGuardia Airport (LGA), John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), and New York Stewart International Airport (SWF).
This will be a project position lasting until approximately 12/31/2019 with a possibility of being renewed. This position will be based out of 4 World Trade Center with travel to the all airports as needed.
Reporting to the Program Director, Aviation Customer Experience, the Program Manager will:
- Lead critical initiatives to improve the CX related, the pre-board screening process at the airports’ security checkpoints, and the experience for international arriving passengers.
- Support the Program Director and the CX team by providing support to drive other projects and initiatives as needed, and as critical priorities arise.
- Manage a wide range of Project Management responsibilities, operating as part of a collaborative team, and driving initiatives to completion in a fast-paced environment.
The Program Manager, Aviation Customer Experience will be responsible for:
Custom Border Protection (CBP) Initiatives
- Facilitating and managing initiatives designed to improve the CX of international arriving passengers.
- Coordinates CX efforts with Public Affairs/Marketing, Technology, Aviation Planning, Aviation Strategy & External Affairs & GOCOR.
- Liaising with PA, Airlines, Terminal Operators, CBP, US Public Health at JFK, EWR & SWF.
- Facilitating the implementation of all CBP initiatives including CBP & PANYNJ technology designed to improve international arrival processing.
- Actively participating in all Connecting Passenger initiatives and efforts designed to improve the international to domestic connection process.
- Coordinating CX initiatives with all Federal Inspection Station (FIS) sub-contractors and permittees including wheel chair providers, language services, cleaning contractors and customer service baggage and documentation agents.
- Reviewing, analyzing, disseminating and following up with stakeholders on all relevant CX surveys, mystery shops, & real time data.
- Coordinating and implementing all relevant PANYNJ Governance initiatives with PA’s Governance team.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Initiatives
- Facilitating and managing all CX initiatives designed to improve the pre-board screening process at the airport’s security checkpoints.
- Coordinating CX efforts with Technology, Office of Continuous Improvement (OCI), Security & Technology Services Unit, and Chief Security Office (CSO).
- Liaising with Landside Operations, Airport Security Managers, PAPD, Airport Security Coordinators (ASC’s), Airlines, Terminal Operators, TSA & contractors/permittees
- Facilitating the implementation of all PA & TSA initiatives including technology (i.e. Bliptrack), designed to improve the pre-board screening process.
- Coordinating and overseeing Lost & Found initiatives and other programs intended to reduce and return found property at checkpoints to customers.
- Coordinating & communicating all TSA CX initiatives with TSA & terminal sub-contractors and permittees including ticket/document checkers, wheel chair providers, concessions and cleaning/maintenance contractors.
- Reviewing, analyzing, disseminating and governance follow up with stakeholders on all relevant CX surveys, mystery shops, & real time data related to TSA and pre-board screening process.
- Maintaining PANYNJ CX standards and Performance Management goals.
Program Management Support
- Supporting the Program Director, Customer Experience Officer, and the CX team to drive a wide range of CX initiatives to completion.
- Supporting overall program management efforts, including oversight of work performed by consultant teams, managing schedules, scope, and deliverables, etc.
Airport Access Initiatives
- Facilitating and managing all CX initiatives designed to improve the customer experience related to airport access.
- Coordinating CX efforts with Transportation & Revenue Programs, Landside Operations, Traffic Engineering, PAPD and other partners.
- Facilitating the implementation of initiatives to improve airport access, including roadway and parking garage repairs, frontage management, minimizing hustling activity, and other airport access improvement projects.
- Reviewing, analyzing, disseminating and following up with stakeholders on all relevant CX surveys and real time data.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation, Business, Marketing, Security or related field from an accredited college or university.
- At least 5 years progressively responsible experience in project management, transportation or Customer Experience management.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with external stakeholders (e.g. government or transportation agencies) to coordinate the advancement of major projects.
- Experience interfacing with and negotiating with multiple stakeholders to build consensus and resolve conflicts.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience managing and supervising others to effectuate project workload effectively utilizing limited available resources.
- Understanding of international arrival process including Customs, Immigration and Secondary processes.
- Strong familiarity with the pre-board screening process, positions and equipment / technology at checkpoints.
- Familiarity with related Code of Federal Regulations (CFR’s) and other Federal Government regulations related to international passengers.
- Familiarity with airline arrival process including connecting baggage & passengers, misconnect process, re-check and left over baggage (LOB) processing and delayed arrival processing.
- Familiarity with Airport and Airline Security Plans (ASP’s and ACSSP’s) as they related to pre-board passenger screening.
- Working knowledge of airport and/or facility operations.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills including the ability to make concise presentations to a variety of audiences to support customer service programs.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to develop and employ problem-solving approaches that are sensitive to organizational, community and customer concerns.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
During 2018, the Port Authority handled a projected 137.9 million passengers at its four commercial airports – John F. Kennedy International, Newark Liberty International, LaGuardia and New York Stewart International airports—an increase of 3.8 percent over 2017’s previous record high. Newark Liberty reported a 6.3 percent annual increase, JFK reported a 2.5 percent increase and LaGuardia saw its annual passenger volume rise by 2.3 percent. New York Stewart reported a 44.2 percent surge in traffic, driven in part by new, low-cost nonstop service offered by Norwegian Air to destinations overseas.
To accommodate future airport demand, the Port Authority and its private airport partners have committed an unprecedented $28 billion – the most in agency history – to maintain and build new airport facilities across the system. The level of investment illustrates the Port Authority’s aggressive commitment to creating a network of state-of-the art airport facilities.
- At LaGuardia, an $8 billion rebuilding of the legacy airport is in progress, and in December, the first new concourse in Terminal B opened to the public.
- At Newark Liberty, ground was broken in October for a new Terminal One that will replace the aging and obsolete Terminal A.
- At JFK, Governor Cuomo announced in October a $13 billion project to rebuild the airport, including the addition of 4 million square feet to the airport’s north and south sides to increase airport capacity by at least 15 million passengers annually. The first new gates of the redeveloped terminal are scheduled to open in 2023 with projected completion in 2025.
The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.