- This position will be a temporary, full -time position (Monday-Friday), lasting until 12/31/2019 with a possibility of it being renewed (No Benefits)
- This position is not represented by a union
- If you had previously applied you need not apply again to be considered
List of Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and update guidance and electronic tools that provide practical, step-by-step guidance for our internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Apply technical expertise and exercise professional judgment in identifying relevant topics and practice problems and providing practical guidance and practice insights
- Design useful practice aids and other tools
- Familiarity with technical accounting matters, including those related to complex transactions, emerging areas, and adoption of new accounting standards.
- Coordinate the efforts of other stakeholders, including technical writer/editors, in-house SMEs to ensure that deadlines are met and that guidance is practical and accurate
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure that needs are properly identified and supported
- Develop products that are responsive to those needs
- Identify development opportunities based on current technical developments, insights from stakeholder interactions, and personal experience and expertise
- Conduct research on leading practices on
- Assist with dissemination to stakeholders
- Complete projects in a timely manner
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited college / university or
- In-Lieu of a Bachelors Degree, a mininium of 4 years experience in accounting
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- 3+ years corporate fixed assets accounting
- Experience with Training/Facilitation
- Experience with 3rd party auditors
- Experience with Process Improvement initiatives
- Supervisory Experience Preferred
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Fixed Assets
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.