The Commodities and Services Division of the Procurement department is looking for a Buyer to join their team. Under the direction of the Procurement Manager, Commodities and Services Division, the Buyer's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Procure goods and services for Port Authority and Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) warehouses and facilities operations
- Analyze requisitions, scope of work, pricing sheets and solicitation documents to ensure clarity, completeness and recommend revisions when appropriate
- Award contracts and purchase orders
- Research other government agency contracts online for piggybacking opportunities
- Manage the procurement process to ensure fairness, competitiveness, transparency and integrity
- Assist during the activation of emergencies by the Port Authority’s Office of Emergency Management, which may require off-site attendance
- Work with the Office of Business Diversity and Civil Rights to ensure M/WBE compliance
- Assist departments with the development and review of executive authorization documents
- Represent the Authority at procurement vendor forums/outreach events in New York and New Jersey
- Conduct bid, pre-award, post-award and vendor courtesy meetings at various Port Authority facilities in New York and New Jersey
- Act as a liaison for dealing with non-performance, poor performance, default of contracts and payment issues
- Gather information in response to Public Records Access (Freedom of Information) requests
- Experience handling multiple assignments and heavy workload while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and possess a shared organizational value for integrity, flexibility and professional/ethical behavior
This selected candidate will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and have the ability to work well with internal and external clients.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, or other business related fields and a minimum of one (1) year of purchasing experience, or three (3) years of purchasing experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of procurement principles
- Experience in comprehending, reviewing and drafting contracts, including key components such as scopes of work and pricing sheets
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience with SAP and Office 365
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Demonstrated market research, problem-solving, analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Has or is in the process of obtaining the Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) certification
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.