The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to work at JFK. JFK airport generates 50% of the department’s revenue from a variety of different sources. The Senior Financial Analyst will play a critical part in ensuring accurate accounting of operating and capital spending for all financial functions at JFK. Great opportunity to leave an impact in the business world!
Under the direction of the Supervisor, JFK Financial Services, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for:
- Serving as the main contact for all financial issues related to JFK utility usage and billings.
- Tasks include:
- Preparing forecasts, preparing and monitoring monthly variance reporting, cost allocations and monthly accruals.
- Work with the Office of Environmental and Energy Programs and the organization’s meter reading company to implement NYPA/Kennedy International Airport Cogen (This is JFK’s power plant)/NYC DEP rate changes on a timely basis.
- Coordinate payments of water bills and ensure proper coding.
- Prepare year end reconciliation of utilities within timeframe of year end closing.
- Also act as liaison for facility and utility companies.
- Assist in the preparation of the facility operating expense and revenue budgets.
- Tasks include:
- Lead in the Revenue portion of the budget preparation working closely with Properties’ staff with exposure to various agreements including leases and cost recovery agreements.
- Participate in all budget review meetings, presentation and backup preparation.
- Analyze budget details of revenues and utilities.
- Prepare the JFK utility expense and revenue budgets in conjunction with Office of Environmental and Energy Programs.
- Assist in the development of the long range forecast, including quarterly updates.
- Monitor financial performance for the facility.
- Tasks include:
- Assist in the preparation of variance and performance measurement reports including revenue, expense, operating and maintenance contract services and utility consumption.
- Review and monitor capital performance for the facility.
- Tasks include:
- Prepare quarterly Fixed Asset Settlement forecasts for the Comptroller’s Department as well as for cost recovery forecast and budgets.
- Includes running SAP and ICMS reports and coordinating with Aviation project managers to determine forecasts.
- Preparation of scenario forecasts and gap analysis as needed for facility performance risk analysis.
- Financial review of leases and Board items and guidance as needed, including contract term comparisons and impact analysis.
- Assist with various ad hoc requests and presentations.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3 years + experience in accounting or business related areas where you have worked on financial principals, concepts and understand financial statements and reporting (including variance analysis).
- 3 years + experience with any finance or other capital project management systems such as SAP and ICMS.
- Experience developing multi-year forecasts and scenario development for financial risk assessments.
- Experience creating and maintaining financial charts shared with executive level staff.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) skills and experience in providing analytical reports to internal stakeholders. Experience should include familiarity with pivot tables and formulas.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration.
- Knowledge of Port Authority specific budgeting and accounting practices.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and fostering internal and external relationships, and the ability to react to the concerns and potential impact of internal and external political constituencies while meeting/exceeding the expectations/requirements.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Work for one of the world’s most vital and vibrant operations of transportation network! We want dynamic candidates who have a clear interest in a career in public service and show a passion for all areas of aviation/airport management. Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates one of the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), New York Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals. The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
The agency’s airports handled more than 130 million passengers and 2 million tons of cargo.
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.