Job ID: 33647
Department: Human Resources
Location: 4 World Trade Center
The Port Authority offers 12-week paid summer internships to students that provide the opportunity to work with knowledgeable and experienced professionals on assignments critical to operating, maintaining, and expanding the transportation infrastructure for one of the greatest economies in the world.
Assignments include hands-on projects to cultivate technical, writing, communication and team-building skills. The diversity of our businesses creates a variety of opportunities for students to gain exposure to the work of a first-class public agency
The Human Resources department is looking for a summer intern to join their team in the Analytics and Reporting unit! Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Human Capital Analytics, within the Human Resources department, identifies and reports on relevant workforce metrics and trends to key stakeholders, HR and or business unit leaders. The department provides information to help leaders make informed decisions about all aspects of HR strategy to attain better outcomes.
About the Program
• Interns have the opportunity to support their departments with critical projects such as analyzing regional demand data for our airports, conducting interview assessments, development of our annual budget, designing sustainability initiatives, and developing operational plans for retail development.
• On the job, learning is supported by networking sessions with senior management, intern meet and greets and facility tours; broadening your understanding of the agency.
How To Apply
Applications that do not include a resume and essay response will be considered incomplete and will not be moved forward in the selection process.
Essay Question: Why do you want to work as a Summer Intern for the Port Authority of NY & NJ?
The application deadline is January 21 2019; 11:59 p.m. EST. You will not be able to apply after this date.
• Interview Process: The hiring department/unit conducts interviews in late January and the process will continue until offers are made to selected candidates (February-April).
• Program Start Date: The Summer Internship Program is slated to begin May 30, 2019 and runs until mid-August.
The Selection Process:
• Please note that more than one department may contact students to interview.
• Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
• Interns are selected based on academic achievement, analytical and communication skills, and work experience
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.