This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Program Manager in TB&T's Project Management Unit, the selected candidate will be responsible for managing assigned increasingly complex projects/programs at the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) and Lincoln Tunnel projects supporting the PABT. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing the various aspects of project life-cycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling and closing for each assigned project.
The following responsibilities represent a partial list of typical functions:
- Develop detailed project scope of work based on a statement of problem or a desired outcome. Establish project economics and timeline in conjunction with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Engineering to retain the necessary internal and external resources, including appropriate professional services, to advance the assigned projects to conceptual/preliminary design or final design.
- Advance projects through established milestones, developing and implementing recovery plans for unanticipated delays.
- Conduct / participate in regularly scheduled meetings with the appropriate parties to ensure the project scope, schedule and budget are maintained.
- Interact with Port Authority staff departments and outside agencies to establish agreements, force accounts and the like in support of project work.
- Take the lead in establishing project risk parameters and developing the appropriate risk contingency plans.
- Prepare project status reports for supervisors, senior and executive staff on a periodic basis.
- Lead the authorization process for assigned projects including preparing the necessary material/presentations for Board authorization.
- Ensure projects are properly completed and closed out.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible experience in project and program management with three years of direct or indirect supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience in project management, engineering design, architecture, and/or construction fields including establishment of project plans, setting priorities, and incorporating facility operations and security requirements into project plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge of physical plants/assets, analysis of problem, obtaining the necessary resources from the various stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage projects of varying complexity and risk and effectively utilize limited available resources to achieve complex goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, methods and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, estimating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and/or inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups and project teams.
- Demonstrated customer service, decision making, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital planning and assessment, cost-benefit and life cycle cost analyses, project planning and development, and risk management protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies to achieve broad business goals and to understand the impact on various stakeholders within and outside the Port Authority.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Professional Engineer or Registered Architect license in New York or New Jersey or Project Management Professional (PMP).
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.