This job posting is no longer active.
The Port Authority offers internships to students that provide the opportunity to work with knowledgeable and experienced professionals on assignments critical to operating, maintaining, and expanding the transportation infrastructure for one of the greatest economies in the world.
Assignments include hands-on projects to cultivate technical, writing, communication and team-building skills. The diversity of our businesses creates a variety of opportunities for students to gain exposure to the work of a first-class public agency
PATH is looking for an intern to join their team in the Transportation unit! Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handling various activities relating to front-line customer service in PATH stations
- Dissemination of public communications relating to daily operations, train operations and SmartLink Center customer service
- Will assist with numerous spreadsheets and will create weekly schedules for temporary staff
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program for the Fall 2018 school semester.
- We are seeking interns who are talented, driven and who have a genuine interest in contributing to the success of the New York/New Jersey region.
- We welcome applications from a diverse range of University disciplines and concentrations.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters with excellent communication, research and applicable technical skills.
- Preferred Communications Major with customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational skills for good record keeping, ability to learn new computer programs quickly,
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred, including experience with pivot tables and macros.
- Work hours can be flexible, possibly starting from 7am or 9am, hours can change on occasion depending on the needs of the operational services.
About the Program
- Interns have the opportunity to support their departments with critical projects such as analyzing regional demand data for our airports, conducting interview assessments, development of our annual budget, designing sustainability initiatives, and developing operational plans for retail development.
- Engineering Interns have the opportunity to assist experienced engineers with planning, design, construction management and supervision, materials testing and inspection, and information technology management for projects.
- On the job, learning is supported by networking sessions with senior management, intern meet and greets and facility tours; broadening your understanding of the agency.
How To Apply
- To apply, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Please be sure to complete all steps of the application process and click Submit at the end.
- Applicants will receive a generated confirmation email upon application completion.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.