This job posting is no longer active.
To support a growing workload, the Procurement Department is seeking an energetic individual to join the Technology Acquisitions group. The ideal candidate will be flexible, work with integrity, and demonstrate professional and ethical behavior with fair and transparent decision-making. The individual will be able to work both independently and collaboratively with a diverse workload consisting of all phases of public sector procurement, including but not limited to reviewing license agreements, developing bids & RFPs, evaluating offers and negotiating prices and contract terms, etc. The selected individual will also be comfortable accessing and using technology based recording and reporting systems to enter and analyze information.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Technology Acquisitions, the Principal Contract Specialist’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate, plan and manage all aspects of the strategic sourcing and procurement processes for IT products and services from requisition to award.
- Analyze requisitions, scopes, price sheets and solicitation documents to ensure clarity and completeness;
- Conduct the solicitation process utilizing various procurement methods (bids, call ins, RFPs, etc.) inclusive of the development of targeted negotiation strategies
- Analyze and incorporate partner department input to vendor proposals, subscription and license agreements and other related documents for responsiveness, accuracy, and completeness;
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or five years of progressively responsible project or contract management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing and maintaining project schedules.
- Ability to communicate and build effective relationships internally and externally.
- Experience in managing a large, diverse workload within tight time constraints and with a strong customer-service orientation.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience with standard business software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365, SAP etc.
- Working knowledge of key technology agreement constructs such as Cloud based, End User License, Maintenance & Subscription agreements;
- Comfortable navigating and effectively using Electronic Procurement and sourcing tools such as SAP.
- Experience in comprehending, reviewing and drafting contracts, including key components such as scopes of work, price forms, etc.
- The ability to work with procurement and authorization guidelines;
- Strong decision-making skills, problem solving,
- Market research and negotiation skills
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.