The LaGuardia (LGA) Redevelopment Program is responsible for planning and delivering a world class airport that will meet the growing needs of the region. To accommodate that growth, LGA’s terminals, associated apron, roads, bridges, utilities and parking are being modernized/reconstructed. The components of the Redevelopment Program will be planned, designed and constructed by a combination of various consultant and contractors procured through traditional and innovative procurement methods. The incumbent will assume responsibility for providing supervision and guidance to PA and consultant project staff charged with planning and delivering various aspects of the Redevelopment programs.
The Program Manager position will be responsible to assist the Senior Program Manager in accomplishing the program’s day to day tasks and responsibilities, including during his absence, for the LGA Redevelopment Program advancing efforts for terminal development, supporting projects, and coordination relative to the 21st Century Vision.
- Report to the Senior Program Manager, LGA Redevelopment
- Be responsible for providing program management for elements of the design and construction of facilities within the Redevelopment portfolio of projects. In general, these include New Passenger Terminals B and C, new landside roadway and bridge network, new utility infrastructure, and supporting projects relative to management and audit of developers’ conformity to respective lease requirements.
- Manage all aspects of project/program delivery including the development of quality Project Management Plans, project/program reporting and development of corrective action plans
- Ensure continually improved levels of service, quality, and customer satisfaction through oversight of the project implementation including assurances of collaboration among all stakeholders and mitigation of operational impacts.
- Foster conclusive conflict resolution in all program stages
- Assist in negotiations with the Public Private Partnership (PPP) team, airport tenants, staff departments, utilities as well as local, City, State and Federal agencies required to support the Program consistent with the Department’s business plan.
- Manage the unit’s initiatives by serving as a liaison between the LGA Redevelopment and other departments, preparing and reviewing internal and external communications.
- Draft high quality Board Authorization documents, MJs, briefing folders, and presentations, ensuring that all project-related information is current and accurate.
- Supervise PA and consultant staff ensuring the highest level of staff capabilities aligned with best industry project management practices.
- Attend meetings, make project related decisions, review and sign documents and respond to senior management requests.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Engineering or related field
- Minimum 8 years progressively responsible senior level project and program management experience in concurrent and complex transportation, infrastructure, and technology projects, including knowledge design, construction and procurement where you have developed strategies and understand the impact on various stakeholders, interfaced with and negotiated amongst multiple external stakeholders to resolve design conflicts and maintain design consistency
- Experience leading project teams or Staff Departments efforts to deliver program and project objectives
- Experience managing and supervising others to effectuate program workload effectively utilizing limited available resources
- Experience providing oversight for consultant architectural, engineering, and construction services
- Experience creating detailed project plans aimed at meeting specific timelines, milestones and deliverables
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Professional Engineer’s or Registered Architect’s License in NY or NJ
- Progressive senior level project and program management experience in security, transportation, infrastructure, and technology projects, including knowledge design, construction and procurement in an airport environment
- Knowledge of PANYNJ Capital Authorization, Project Management Systems, Contract Administration processes and overall policies/procedures related to the code compliance review and TCAP projects
- Extensive experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams, and internal and external stakeholders, including Regulatory Agencies
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups such as tenants, contractors, vendors, government, and industry officials
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior executive level Port Authority staff and/or the private sector, governmental agencies, and the community in situations where the communication skills of persuasion, negotiation, conflict resolution, and formal oral presentation are used
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals.
The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
In 2016, the agency’s airports handled more than 132 million+ passengers and 2 million tons of cargo. Some of the major current capital projects include:
- LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment, which will transform LGA into a unified airport with a main terminal, better transportation access with a future AirTrain, more taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities
- Newark Liberty International will be set a new standard for air travel with the redevelopment of Terminal A, and additional updated projects related to Airfield, Parking Garage systems and the redesigning of Landside / Roadways
- John F. Kennedy International’s Redevelopment will focus on an interconnected terminal layout, redesign of on-airport traffic patterns, expanded taxiways, world-class amenities and state-of-the-arte security technology
We are always seeking dynamic candidates who have a clear interest in a career in public service and show a passion for all areas of aviation/airport management.
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.