The LaGuardia (LGA) Redevelopment Program is responsible for planning and delivering a world class airport that will meet the growing needs of the region. To accommodate that growth, LGA’s terminals, associated apron, roads, bridges, utilities and parking are being modernized/reconstructed. The components of the Redevelopment Program will be planned, designed and constructed by a combination of various consultant and contractors procured through traditional and innovative procurement methods. The incumbent will assume responsibility for providing supervision and guidance to PA and consultant project staff charged with planning and delivering various aspects of the Redevelopment programs.
Reporting to the Program Director, LGA Redevelopment, the Program Manager, Business Development will be responsible for day-to-day business management and strategic planning for LGA Redevelopment advancing efforts for terminal development coordination, integration management, and Board Authorizations relative to the 21st Century Vision.
The Program Manager, Business Development will:
- Serve as a key business ally with diverse responsibilities, ranging from serving as a policy advisor to the Program Director on organizational matters, assisting in decision-making through information and briefings, and attending senior-level meetings to establishing courses of action, guiding principles or procedures that are prudent or advantageous the Redevelopment Program’s business
- Ensure appropriate follow-up measures to increase the unit’s responsiveness and effectiveness and reinforce previous decisions
- Manage the unit’s initiatives by serving as a liaison between the LGA Redevelopment and other departments, preparing and reviewing internal and external communications.
The Program Business Development will oversee:
- Administration of LGAR’s Board Process & By-Law Authorization Process:
- Provide oversight and management of the board process in support of LGAR’s priorities including airport redevelopment programs, capital projects, leases, and professional and technical services agreements. Establish and communicate clear requirements for staff advancing Agenda Items to ensure the Department meets internal and external deadlines and effectively advances its business priorities. Develop briefing documents and presentations, coordinate staff work across multiple divisions and units, and interact with staff involved in Board process administration.
- Coordinate with central office staff, and well as internal business partners (MBD, Procurement, Law, OFA, OSEC, Real Estate, Engineering, etc.) to successfully execute By-Law Authorization Documents. Leverage knowledge of agency policies to efficiently authorize recommendations and advise staff on the best course of action.
- Coordination for Strategic Initiatives:
- Support LGAR’s initiatives by serving as a liaison between the LGAR and the Aviation Director's Office, preparing and reviewing internal and external communications, developing briefing documents and presentations, and coordinating staff input across multiple divisions and units. Lead and/or support departmental initiatives such as productivity improvement, overtime management, and business continuity.
- Manage communications with all internal and external customers and the Aviation Department including but not limited to the Weekly Reports to the Executive Director.
- Mitigate Effects of the Airport Redevelopment Programs:
- Advise Airport Staff, particularly those in Operations and Redevelopment, on recommended courses of action necessary to effectuate initiatives designed to balance the needs and priorities of the Program with the demands of operating the airport while maintaining high customer service levels. Apply knowledge of agency policies and procedures to ensure authorization requests and operational plans are swiftly carried out.
- Airport Performance Improvement special projects:
- Coordinate with LGAR staff to implement plans to address underperformance in safety/security, operations, and financial areas. Oversee execution of plan and assess performance improvements where applicable.
- Consultant Agreements and Management:
- Possess familiarity with cost accounting platforms such as SAP and ICMS, to support management and analysis of Program budget elements.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Program Director on review/approval and timely processing of consultant and subconsultant task orders and invoices.
- Review/approve consultant rate adjustments and staff changes.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Public Policy or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in policy, business analysis, project management, or administration
- Experience developing program and project strategies that achieve business goals and understand their impact on various stakeholders
- Experience with leading project teams or Staff Departments efforts to deliver program and project objectives
- Experience creating detailed project plans aimed at meeting specific timelines, milestones, and deliverables
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Finance from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of airline industry business and operating practices
- Experience implementing Aviation Business and Capital Plans (including the budgeting process)
- Experience with Port Authority policies and procedures related to the Board Authorization process (Agenda Items, MJs and MAs)
- Knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures related to project management systems, administration, the capital authorization and agenda review processes and document control
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups such as tenants, contractors, vendors, government, and industry officials
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement innovative and creative solutions to problems and issues relative to the responsibilities of the Division
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior executive level Port Authority staff and/or the private sector, governmental agencies, and the community in situations where the communication skills of persuasion, negotiation, conflict resolution, and formal oral presentation are used
- Demonstrated experience planning, organizing and directing concurrent and complex construction projects and activities, with significant project management and planning experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively persuading, influencing & negotiating with individuals at various levels of the organization to achieve desired outcomes
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals.
The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
In 2016, the agency’s airports handled more than 130 million+ passengers and 2 million tons of cargo. Some of the major current capital projects include:
- LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment, which will transform LGA into a unified airport with a main terminal, better transportation access with a future AirTrain, more taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities
- Newark Liberty International will be set a new standard for air travel with the redevelopment of Terminal A, and additional updated projects related to Airfield, Parking Garage systems and the redesigning of Landside / Roadways
- John F. Kennedy International’s Redevelopment will focus on an interconnected terminal layout, redesign of on-airport traffic patterns, expanded taxiways, world-class amenities and state-of-the-arte security technology
We are always seeking dynamic candidates who have a clear interest in a career in public service and show a passion for all areas of aviation/airport management.
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.