This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Program Director of Toll Systems & Revenue Operations, the selected candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of toll revenue operations for TB&T. The successful candidate will lead a team of 16 professional staff, including technical agency staff and contractors engaged in toll revenue operations work, including, but not limited to, the multi-agency back office contracts for E-ZPass and Tolls-by-Mail, cash toll collection systems maintenance and reporting, toll tag procurements and issuance, account management for E-ZPass / Tolls-by-Mail and toll violations, monthly performance metrics, account disputes and credits, toll violation enforcement initiatives, revenue recovery programs for tolls and fees, contracts for collection services and outside counsel on litigation, and managing tolling accounts and tag issuance, customer inquiries, and certifications for specialized tolling programs for staff and emergency vehicles.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Overseeing multi-million dollar and multi-agency electronic toll collection back office contracts for operations and systems for E-ZPass and Tolls-by-Mail to ensure: contract compliance, enforcement of performance standards, priority setting among agency partners, appropriate handling of change orders, accuracy and payment of invoices, application of damages as appropriate, monitoring of system reports, and provide timely responses to customer inquiries and audit findings.
- Coordinating regularly with other regional toll authorities to ensure the best interests of the Port Authority are met in carrying out the work of the multi-agency back office contracts for electronic toll collection operations and systems, and providing approvals for the back office Contractors to perform actions on behalf of the Agency.
- Overseeing enforcement and revenue collection efforts including a DMV Vehicle Registration Suspension Program, Managed Fleet Accounts, collection services, toll violator litigation, and other toll recovery initiatives. Conduct careful reviews and sign-off on 75 or more weekly DMV evidentiary packages to validate information and ensure accurate submissions to NYS DMV.
- Overseeing Port Authority input into the development of new RFPs and contracts required for the ongoing back office operations, including participating in procurement panels and managing the Authority Board process.
- Leading the implementation of new initiatives, business rules, standards and procedures, within the Port Authority, among E-ZPass New York partner agencies, with all E-ZPass agencies, and at the industry level, including participation in discussions of electronic toll interoperability and hub operations for file exchanges, transaction processing, toll reciprocity, and financial settlement.
- Responding to inquiries, resolving complaints, running queries, conducting research, analyzing and communicating findings to customers, contractors, and various levels of staff throughout the Agency.
- Analyzing data for trends that may require corrective action, and defining and implementing such action.
- Validating work products from staff and contractors to ensure accuracy, quality, and timeliness.
- Conducting periodic assessments of internal business and management procedures to ensure cost effectiveness, efficiency, and quality.
- Facilitating with forecasting and managing the annual budget for this group.
- Representing the Port Authority on the E-ZPass Group’s Customer Service Center subcommittee to ensure PA interests are included.
- Overseeing requests and responses to Freedom of Information and legal subpoena requests for information related to toll violations, back office operations and related contracts.
- Supervising and evaluating professional and contracting support staff and provide for their understanding and training in carrying out the department’s mission, including managing workflows and assignments to ensure efficient and cost effective operations. Providing guidance to assist with the development of staff and ensure that talent is appropriately deployed.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Possess a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration, Technology Systems, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, as required
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate an ability to manage and resolve conflict
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines while achieving the required results.
- Have the ability to make quality recommendations and persuade others.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience in managing the operations of a revenue collection processing or customer service center.
- Experience in managing contracts, preferably greater than one million dollars in value and containing performance level requirements.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.