This job posting is no longer active.
The Port Authority offers internships to students that provide the opportunity to work with knowledgeable and experienced professionals on assignments critical to operating, maintaining, and expanding the transportation infrastructure for one of the greatest economies in the world.
Assignments include hands-on projects to cultivate technical, writing, communication and team-building skills. The diversity of our businesses creates a variety of opportunities for students to gain exposure to the work of a first-class public agency
The Aviation department is looking for a summer intern to join their team in the Facility Security Operations unit at John F. Kennedy International Airport in Jamaica, NY!
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research of TSA security regulations and industry best practices
- Assist the Compliance and Enforcement Supervisor in the development of training materials for Airport Operations security supervisors (78) and other projects
- Assist the Airport Security ID Office with special projects to include the launch of a monthly security awareness campaign, updating the Standard Operation Procedures Book, implementation of the Computer Based Training program, etc.
- Assist in development of white papers, security bulletins for deploying/implementing a new procedure, power point presentations
- Perform additional tasks as requested
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program for the Fall 2018 school semester.
- We are seeking interns who are talented, driven and who have a genuine interest in contributing to the success of the New York/New Jersey region.
- We welcome applications from a diverse range of University disciplines and concentrations.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters with excellent communication, research and applicable technical skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft word, power point, excel
- Ability to draft/edit documents to include bulletins, white papers, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and adapt to changing priorities
About the Program
- Interns have the opportunity to support their departments with critical projects such as analyzing regional demand data for our airports, conducting interview assessments, development of our annual budget, designing sustainability initiatives, and developing operational plans for retail development.
- On the job, learning is supported by networking sessions with senior management, intern meet and greets and facility tours; broadening your understanding of the agency.
How to Apply
- To apply, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Please be sure to complete all steps of the application process and click Submit at the end.
- Applicants will receive a generated confirmation email upon application completion.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.