The General Manager will oversee the daily operations of the Budget Consolidation and Performance Reporting division. which is responsible for consolidating the Agency’s budget and financial performance in conjunction with other divisions in the MBD and in collaboration with TEC to maintain and promote the best use of the Agency’s budget system, BudgetPRO. The division is also responsible for presenting the Agency’s financial results to Executive staff and highlighting areas of concern for potential mitigation strategies. The General Manager has a key role in the labor budget by developing the budget and actual payroll factors (fringe benefits and union accruals) and completing analysis as needed on union contract proposals. The position requires effective analytical oversight within the day-to-day functions of the job, applying logical and innovative ideas to collect and analyze information in finding solutions to critical issues. Additionally, the General Manager will look to improve workflows by conducting continual assessments of the unit’s operations, and seek ways to automate required processes as needed. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Consolidation of the Agency's budget, one that is fiscally sound and supports the Agency's operating and capital goals and objectives
- Coordinate the analysis of revenue and expense budgets, and capital in accordance with budget targets
- Preparation of the annual Budget Book; develop Executive briefing documents and presentations for the delivery and approval of the annual budget
- Maintain the Agency's budget system (Hyperion EPM) in collaboration with TEC and its contractors; Enhance the system to meet the needs of 350 budget preparers for current and future needs. Additional responsibilities include providing customer service, training and assistance via the BudgetPRO hotline which may include development or updating of training materials
- Present the Agency’s financial performance and projections to Executive staff, highlighting areas of concern and presenting potential mitigation strategies.
- Play a key role in the labor budget by developing the budget payroll factor and monitoring accrued costs. On an as needed basis, complete analysis related to expired union contract negotiations and hourly rates used for reimbursement by external stakeholders
- Direct and supervise four permanent staff members
- Prepare ad-hoc reports, special analysis, responses and presentations for Executive requests and Board presentations
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Five years of experience in complex financial analysis and/or budgeting within a large organization\
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master Degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Port Authority accounting, budgeting, financial and business planning structure, policies and procedures.
- Excellent financial, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of departmental operations and links to quantifiable financial impact.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative program strategies to achieve business goals and to understand their impact on various stakeholders within the Port Authority.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and assignments while working under pressure to meet tight deadlines and achieve required results.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills with experience presenting complex information, analysis, issues and trends around changes in operations and strategic agenda.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with Port Authority staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, mentor and develop subordinate staff.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service and the concern for addressing the needs and requirements in staff and line departments. This includes experience identifying, understanding and integrating customer service needs into day-to-day decision making.
- Knowledge of Port Authority corporate systems such as Hyperion (BudgetPRO), SAP, PeopleSoft, and COGNOS.
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.