Job ID: 32751
Department: Human Resources
Location: Various NY/NJ Facilities
The Port Authority of NY & NJ is seeking to fill skilled-trade Paving Mechanic in various NY and NJ facilities.
Starting Salary $42,588 Maximum Salary $66,612.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ is seeking candidates with well-rounded experience in a variety of manual and semi-skilled on concrete, asphalt paving, epoxy surfacing in the construction, maintenance and repair of existing structures, and different kinds of pavements, roads, sidewalks, runways, taxiways, etc. Duties include but are not limited to:
Paving Mechanic perform work that typically requires the knowledge of the following trade fields:
· Asphalt paving
· Puring cement
· (CLF) concrete-lime-flyash
· The use of epoxies and their related areas
· Familiarity with all tools, equipment methods and procedures of paving trade
Paving Mechanics work a 40-hour week, which includes rotating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, during inclement weather and overtime as needed.
1. Education: A four-year standard high school diploma, or GED.
2. Experience: Three (3) years full-time paid work experience in the Paving/Masonry Trades at the semi-skilled level or above.
(EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET AS OF January, 2018)
3. Licensing/Certification Requirements: Prior to appointment from the Eligible List successful candidates must possess a Class B Commercial Driver's License with Air Brake and Tank Vehicle endorsements.
4. Medical/Physical Requirements:
A) Vision, corrected at least 20/40 each eye;
B) No color confusion;
C) No impairment of back or extremities which interferes with job performance;
D) No allergies, which interfere with, job performance.
A pre-placement medical examination may be required prior to placement in this position.
1. Written Test: A written test will measure the candidate's basic knowledge in areas such as: Trade Math, Safety, Tool Identification and Function, Paving and Masonry Equipment and Work Practices, and Maintenance of Paved and Concrete Areas.
2. Performance Test: A performance test will measure the candidate's ability to work with paving and masonry hand and power tools/equipment required to perform activities, including, but not limited to: form construction, paved and concrete surface repair, and transporting heavy materials used in the trade (e.g., concrete mix, jackhammer, masonry cutting tools and equipment).
Notification of Test Date
The written test for this evaluation will be held on a date to be determined. The date of the performance test for this evaluation is to be determined. Only those candidates who are successful on the written test will receive notification and an invitation to the performance test. Disqualified candidates will receive notification of the reasons for their exclusion from this promotional evaluation.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.