As part of our continuous development and leadership development strategy, we are looking to recruit a Learning and Development Manager to join our Talent Management Division.
Under direction of the Manager, Talent Management, the selected candidate will support the design and implementation of agency-wide programs focused on career development and performance improvement of staff by independently and collaboratively implementing talent review and assisting with the succession process as well as a wide variety of general training and development programs. This role requires someone who can manage projects with competing priorities, deliver and implement existing programs and work with HR colleagues and business unit clients to design and deliver new programs. Specific responsibilities include:
Talent Management and Training Initiatives:
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with HR colleagues to assess and define the learning needs for different parts of the business and aligns the agency development strategy with a broader people strategy
- Assists in identifying and prioritizing the learning needs of key employee groups and recommends training solutions for career development and performance improvement issues
- Manages all performance management initiatives including training managers on delivering feedback, having future orientated talent conversations, and how to coach and grow talent. Oversees training others on navigating through the performance review cycle
- Develops training curricula and facilitates training workshops on a variety of topics and high potential leadership programs as required
- Manages the development and deployment of an Agency wide coaching model that clarifies the use of internal and external coaches within the organization
- Manages all aspects related to training vendor contracts, and training provider invoice payments as dictated by the agency’s procurement process
- Supports talent management projects related to key Port Authority and HR initiatives
- Documents key processes and information for knowledge transfer purposes
Note - This position is primarily located at our New York offices but will require several days each month at our training facility in Jersey City, NJ.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Industrial/ Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development, Training & Development, Human Resources or a related field preferred.
- 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility working with business processes in an HR development function (i.e., training & development, performance management, succession planning, talent management).
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Industrial/ Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or Organizational Development, Training & Development, Human Resources or related area is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using personality assessment (e.g., Hogan, MBTI, FARO-B) and 360 data to develop and coach high potential employees and teams at all levels of the agency
- Demonstrated ability to determine key development needs to achieve key business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to develop and leverage evaluation data to measure impact and improve programs
- Demonstrated experience in independently managing multi-faceted projects calling for strong coordination, administration, budget management, analytical problem solving and decision-making support under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrates critical thinking through the ability to identify and define issues, collect data, establish facts, generate insights and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively persuade, influence and maintain solid working relationships with client departments, Business Partners, Training Coordinators, outside training vendors and performance management technical programmers.
- Demonstrated ability to be agile, adapting easily and operating effectively in the face of change and shifts in priorities.
- Superior verbal and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to present and facilitate large scale training initiatives.
- Possesses superior written communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop promotional program descriptions and technical training documents.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.