Under the direction of the Assistant Manager, Professional, Technical and Advisory Services, the selected candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs and/or oversees execution of the procurement processes for the retention of professional, technical, and advisory service firms in accordance with Port Authority requirements, including but not limited to preparing/reviewing justification and other documentation as required for client award actions.
- Performs associated and other SAP transactions.
- Manages the procurement process for non-federally funded and for federally-funded projects.
- Provides guidance to and consults with other Agency staff, external stakeholders, and consultants on procurement methods, strategies, approaches, schedules, and requirements.
- Prepares and/or oversees preparation of solicitation documents and performs cost/price analyses.
- Negotiates agreements, from simple to complex, as required.
- Debriefs unsuccessful proposers.
- Acts as the Agency’s Procurement Department point of contact for the Engineering Department's Professional Service Firm Database.
- Prepares/compiles ad-hoc consultant program reports as needed in response to audit, and/or executive requests, including regular weekly workload updates.
- Participates in Authority Minority Business Enterprise/Women Owned Business Enterprises, Disadvantaged Business Enterprises Outreach Functions, serving as the Authority’s Procurement representative, publicly discussing requirements for the performance of professional, technical and advisory services, as a panelist, guest speaker, etc.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years Procurement-related experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of project dynamics, project management skills, and a desire to work on a vast variety of professional service procurements typically involving every Authority Department.
- Demonstrated experience handling multiple assignments and heavy workload while meeting tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external staff.
- Team player with ability to lead groups and influence others to achieve Procurement Department and agency goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture/Engineering or a related field is highly desirable.
- Procurement, business, architectural/engineering or project management background is highly desirable.
- Experience utilizing SAP and Microsoft Office Suite.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.