The Manager, Airport Maintenance, LGA will report to the Manager, Physical Plant and Redevelopment is a vital member of LGA’s executive management team. The selected candidate will be held fully accountable and responsible for providing leadership in directing and managing all aspects of the Airport Maintenance Services Division and for coordinating and cooperating with other airport and agency units to achieve agency goals and drive a world-class customer experience at LGA Airport.
The day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Manage a staff of approximately 135 field maintenance, management and clerical employees assigned to one of five functional maintenance units: Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Environmental and Contract Services.
- Efficiently maintain:
- Airport physical plant
- Unit compliance with all applicable codes, rules and regulations
- Foster and maintain exemplary safe work practices
- Fulfill and executing the Airport’s snow plan and leading snow removal activities such as: directing Port Authority snow removal crews, snow equipment operators and snow removal contract services
- Oversee Port Authority asset management systems and manage ongoing efforts to migrate existing facility assets and system from the Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS) to Maximo at LGA.
- Identify Capital and Operating Major Works projects
- Direct maintenance involvement in capital construction projects and reports
- Monitor and evaluate performance of subordinate staff and service contractors responsible for providing maintenance services
- Ensure compliance of established contract management procedures by subordinate staff, managing the division’s administrative activities such as budget preparation, preparation of all documents related to board authorization and contract administration, authorization of overtime and expenditures
- Administer Maintenance labor agreements and participate in Maintenance grievance and disciplinary hearings and other related activities
- Plan and oversee delivery of maintenance services to all Port Authority units, the public, and airport tenants in a manner that maximizes the customer experience
- Identify, investigate and resolve complex problems related to the delivery of maintenance services and the operation of the physical plant
- Respond to airport emergencies and planning and managing maintenance related activities
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Aviation Administration, Airport Management or Business Management/ Administration from an accredited college or university
- Three (3) years’ experience managing diverse workforce that can include union/management staff where you have been responsible for their development and addressing disciplinary actions
- Available to respond to airport emergencies on a 24 hour/7 day a week basis
- Valid driver’s license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated ability to lead a highly skilled and responsible work force in supporting airport operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of all FAA regulations related to maintenance of airport infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience supervising management field and unionized staff
- Experience having led work force in supporting airport facility operations
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing and commenting on engineering drawings, technical specifications, equipment and work methods pertaining to aeronautical, building and roadway maintenance
- Knowledge of Port Authority operating policies and procedures, including those related to administration, budget, human resources, labor agreements, maintenance procedures, business planning, contract administration and the authorization process
- Ability to develop, implement, execute and fulfill the airport Maintenance Division’s responsibilities for the facilities comprehensive snow removal plan
- Ability to support subordinate staff in the full range of their technical and administrative requirements of their jobs, in each of five highly technical disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in negotiation and conflict resolution related to labor agreements, disciplinary procedures and consensus building to achieve agency goals
- Must possess strong communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively convey complicated information to all levels of Port Authority staff as well as external business partners
- Demonstrated ability to develop and employ problem-solving approaches that are sensitive to organizational, community and customer concerns
- Ability to work effectively in an intense aeronautical and commercial environment with minimal guidance
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and their application at PA Facilities, particularly Aviation Facilities
- Must be proficient in computer systems: Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, Outlook, BudgetPro and SAP
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals.
The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
In 2016, the agency’s airports handled more than 130 million passengers and 2 million tons of cargo. Some of the major current capital projects include:
- LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment, which will transform LGA into a unified airport with a main terminal, better transportation access with a future AirTrain, more taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities
- Newark Liberty International will be set a new standard for air travel with the redevelopment of Terminal A, and additional updated projects related to Airfield, Parking Garage systems and the redesigning of Landside / Roadways
- John F. Kennedy International’s Redevelopment will focus on an interconnected terminal layout, redesign of on-airport traffic patterns, expanded taxiways, world-class amenities and state-of-the-arte security technology
We are always seeking dynamic candidates who have a clear interest in a career in public service and show a passion for all areas of aviation/airport management.
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.