This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 32554
Department: Security Operations & Programs
Location: 4 World Trade Center
The CSO Tunnels, Bridges and Terminals (TB&T) Security Administrator, reporting to the CSO Manager of TB&T Security, provides support to all departmental efforts in the planning and execution of strategic security related initiatives in order to comply with federal and state requirements. The Security Administrator will track performance and administer the contracts for Unarmed Security Guard Services and Multi-Facility Maintenance of Access Control and CCTV Systems at the TB&T facilities: George Washington Bridge and Bus Station, Holland Tunnel, Lincoln Tunnel, Port Authority Bus Terminal & Staten Island Bridges. The Security Administrator is responsible for supervising the operation of the TB&T Security Operations Center (SOC), CCTV, access control systems, and other related security technology for the aforementioned facilities. The Security Administrator will create and update security guard force policies, procedures, standards and guidelines and is responsible for the supervision of all operational and administrative functions related to the aforementioned contracts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Supervising the operation of the TB&T Security Operations Center (SOC) and all associated CCTV, access control systems, and other related security technology use and deployment.
Assist with the administration of TB&T’s Unarmed Security Guard Services Contract, and Multi-Facility Maintenance of Access Control and CCTV Systems Contract.
Facilitate the resolution of operational issues to include assisting in the selection and deployment of physical, technological and operational security solutions.
Create and update security guard force and SOC policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
Identify and evaluate performance metrics related to access control and CCTV, as well as security guard and SOC operations performance.
Assist the CSO Manager of TB&T Security with resolving security project related issues and security assessments and studies.
Assist in the administration of the access control and ID card issuance programs.
Coordinate with facilities and operation staff to resolve routine and evolving security and safety issues at TB&T facilities and assets.
Communicate and coordinate with operations staff, facility security, PAPD, and external stakeholders to advise them of any known security issues or risks.
Examine, study, and follow security industry standards and best practices for security considerations and guidance to provide to the CSO Manager of TB&T Security.
Monitor legislative and regulatory activity that may have an impact on TB&T facility security.
Assist with conducting Risk Assessments and Security Site Surveys at TB&T facilities.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
* Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Security, Technology or related field from an accredited college or university.
* Five (5) years of documented progressively responsible experience in security operations, physical security, guard force management and administration, CCTV and access control system administration.
* Five (5) years of demonstrated experience directing SOC and guard force operations.
* Demonstrated experience performing analysis, producing reports, and managing contracts.
* Knowledge of physical security countermeasures and security technology systems.
* Demonstrated ability to operate and manage access control, alarm, sensor and CCTV systems.
* Must be able to work occasional overtime hours and weekend and evening hours as circumstances may dictate, including response to the facility during security and/or weather emergencies.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
* In-depth understanding of security industry best practices, policies and procedures in a transportation environment.
* Experience and knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing initiatives and resources.
* Solid interpersonal skills to interact with staff at all levels, supporting departments, consultants and outside agencies.
* Proven ability to identify problems, assess the accuracy and relevance of information, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, develop consensus, and make recommendations.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.