This job posting is no longer active.
The Supervisor, Transportation Services, JFK will be responsible for managing contracts and business relationships that provide ground transportation and customer service operations at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). The position works closely with Airport Operations Field Supervisors, airlines, terminal operators, federal and state agencies, and several other PA units to meet and exceed airport and customer needs and requirements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the airport parking and revenue control system contracts to optimize customer service and minimize operational impacts; implementing and ensuring compliance with operational policies and procedures; addressing internal audit findings and seeking best practices to optimize operational efficiencies;
- Managing the on-airport bus contract; overseeing the procurement and maintenance of JFK’s bus fleet for a multi-facility bus replacement; developing operating plans for emergency bus service and contingency busing for light rail disruptions; addressing internal audit findings and seeking best practices to optimize operational efficiencies;
- Managing the on-airport towing contract;
- Coordinating among airport stakeholders the improvements and repairs on all landside roadways, including signage, lighting and marking issues; and working collaboratively to resolve roadway and traffic congestion issues;
- Coordinating major landside construction projects with other Port Authority Divisions, external agencies and the airport community, seeking to minimize impacts to tenants and customers;
- Administering various customer service agreements that support the Department’s Business Plan (Smart Carte, fueling);
- Developing ground transportation construction bulletins, emergency plans and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) related to inclement weather, irregular operations, and daily operational procedures;
- Preparing administrative, planning, and authorization documents related to coordination of special events, correspondence letters, contract performance reports, ground transportation operations bulletins, unit expense budgets and variance reports, and Policy Review Memorandum Justification (PRMJ) and Agenda Items; and
- Supervising Field Supervisory (FS) staff, ensuring that their performance and professional development align with Department standards.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university OR a minimum of 5 years’ experience in complex operations, transportation, business, or management environment
- Experience overseeing a diverse workforce, such as unionized staff or service contractors
- Prior experience working with MS Excel where you have manipulated and extracted simple data/ and/or maintained spreadsheets
- Prior experience with PowerPoint where you have put together or updated presentations
- Ability to report immediately to airport emergencies, inclusive of inclement weather or other irregular operations, 24 hours per day, seven days per week (At least 25% of time will be off shift hours as needed and at varied times)
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Aeronautical Science, Business Administration, Transportation, Supply Logistics from an accredited college or university
- Prior experience presenting before PA leadership and interacting effectively with diverse groups, such as Port Authority and external senior management, tenants, contractors, vendors, and government, community and industry officials
- Prior experience with contract negotiations
- Demonstrated experience with, and knowledge of, Port Authority and Aviation operating policies and procedures, including those related to administration, budgeting, staffing, contract development and management and Port Authority procurement methods
- Proven knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, ScheduleSoft and SAP
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals.
The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
In 2016, the agency’s airports handled more than 130 million passengers and 2 million tons of cargo. Some of the major current capital projects include:
- LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment, which will transform LGA into a unified airport with a main terminal, better transportation access with a future AirTrain, more taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities
- Newark Liberty International will be set a new standard for air travel with the redevelopment of Terminal A, and additional updated projects related to Airfield, Parking Garage systems and the redesigning of Landside / Roadways
- John F. Kennedy International’s Redevelopment will focus on an interconnected terminal layout, redesign of on-airport traffic patterns, expanded taxiways, world-class amenities and state-of-the-arte security technology
We are always seeking dynamic candidates who have a clear interest in a career in public service and show a passion for all areas of aviation/airport management.
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.