This job posting is no longer active.
The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Manager of Airport Maintenance to help support the day to day operations and oversee the implementation of facility maintenance practices at John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). This position requires rotating shifts inclusive but not limited to nights, overnights and weekends. In this role you will:
- Oversee the creation and implementation and improvement of facility maintenance practices including the phase out of MMIS and implementation and commissioning of a new maintenance management information system
- Identify, assess and facilitate airport maintenance priorities
- Coordinate work efforts with other airport units/tenants
- Advise/direct senior maintenance field supervisors in the Electrical, Mechanical, Structural, Environmental and Contract Services Units in a wide range of labor, performance, financial, planning, training and administrative activities
- Oversee the development and management of contracts
- Coordinate maintenance activities during snow
- Develop/monitor budgets
- Assume complete responsibility for the management of the division in the absence of the Manager or during airport emergencies that result in split shifts
- Manage facility maintenance operations, union agreements, employee discipline and grievance procedures, procurement procedures and authorization processes including Agenda Items, MJ’s and MA’s
- Effective and proper compliance with PA administrative policies and procedures
- Develop and monitor budgets including utilization of SAP, PeopleSoft and contract development, authorization, preparation and compliance
- Respond to airport emergencies and inclement weather conditions, including snow alerts without delay on a 24-hour, seven-day per week basis, including weekends and holidays.
- This position requires rotating shifts inclusive but not limited to nights, overnights and weekends
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation, Transportation, Planning, Engineering, Business, Public Administration, or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Noted experience preparing and analyzing financial data or utilizing other management reporting tools and applying them to facility Maintenance operation processes
- Noted proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Peoplesoft, Outlook, BudgetPro and SAP
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in aviation, transportation, maintenance or related business field in a large, complex operating environment
- At least 3 yrs of airport or facility maintenance experience with noted experience in any of the following trades:
- Mechanical – familiarity with large building air conditioning systems
- Structural – experience with paving, snow removal, etc.
- Electrical – experience with high tension, large power loads
- Experience managing large represented/non-represented staff where you have demonstrated ability to manage, develop and motivate diverse teams to achieve high performance
- Ability to report to airport emergencies, inclusive of inclement weather or other irregular operations, 24 hours per day, seven days per week. At least 25% of the time will be off shift hours (as needed and at varied times)
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Any experience as an aircraft maintenance
- Ability to supervise in a union environment at an operating facility
- Demonstrated ability to Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to foster good teamwork and cooperation with other Port Authority staff and operating units, tenants, contractors, passengers and the public
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals.
The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
In 2016, the agency’s airports handled more than 130 million passengers and 2 million tons of cargo. Some of the major current capital projects include:
- LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment, which will transform LGA into a unified airport with a main terminal, better transportation access with a future AirTrain, more taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities
- Newark Liberty International will be set a new standard for air travel with the redevelopment of Terminal A, and additional updated projects related to Airfield, Parking Garage systems and the redesigning of Landside / Roadways
- John F. Kennedy International’s Redevelopment will focus on an interconnected terminal layout, redesign of on-airport traffic patterns, expanded taxiways, world-class amenities and state-of-the-arte security technology
We are always seeking dynamic candidates who have a clear interest in a career in public service and show a passion for all areas of aviation/airport management.
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.