This job posting is no longer active.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Properties and Commercial Development at JFK, the Senior Property Representative will focus on Leasing/Contracts processes for JFK. The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting complex real estate negotiations with airport tenants (airlines and airline partners) and the on-going management and administration of the resulting agreements, including but not limited to those for airline unit terminals, cargo facilities, service buildings, multi-tenant buildings, off-airport properties, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and certain vacant facilities
- Preparing authorizing documents (agenda items for Port Authority Board approval and Memoranda of Justification) that detail tenant investment, competitive fee structures and other items
- Coordinating all aspects of tenant negotiations and development with other agency staff departments such as Law, Comptroller’s and Risk Management as well as other units at JFK
- Acting as liaison between airport staff and the tenant to resolve outstanding issues
- Working with the SAP Real Estate Module and resolving Accounts Receivable issues
- Developing strategies to implement business policies
- Ensuring the delivery of a positive airport customer experience across all facilities
- Establishing business relationships with airlines, developers, industry contacts and other -airport users both on and off the airport
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or a related field
- Understanding of financial analysis as related to real estate transactions
- Experience creating and interpreting Microsoft Excel reports which includes using pivot tables and formulas
- Working knowledge of System Application Products (SAP), Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Progressive experience in conducting or participating in lease negotiations
- Experience using project management techniques for managing projects to completion
- Knowledge of Port Authority authorization policies and procedures relating to real estate
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Working knowledge of System Application Products (SAP) Real Estate Module
- Experience with terminal, cargo, facility and/or FAA leasing agreements
- Demonstrated experience in decision making, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Excellent oral and written skills to support recommended solutions to senior management and others
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior level management of various disciplines both inside and outside the Port Authority. Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence as appropriate
- Demonstrated experience working collectively with PA staff in the implementation of Port Authority goals and objectives
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals.
The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
In 2016, the agency’s airports handled more than 130 million passengers and 2 million tons of cargo. Some of the major current capital projects include:
- LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment, which will transform LGA into a unified airport with a main terminal, better transportation access with a future AirTrain, more taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities
- Newark Liberty International will be set a new standard for air travel with the redevelopment of Terminal A, and additional updated projects related to Airfield, Parking Garage systems and the redesigning of Landside / Roadways
- John F. Kennedy International’s Redevelopment will focus on an interconnected terminal layout, redesign of on-airport traffic patterns, expanded taxiways, world-class amenities and state-of-the-arte security technology
We are always seeking dynamic candidates who have a clear interest in a career in public service and show a passion for all areas of aviation/airport management.
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.