This job posting is no longer active.
The Port Authority offers paid summer internships to students that provide the opportunity to work with knowledgeable and experienced professionals on assignments critical to operating, maintaining, and expanding the transportation infrastructure for one of the greatest economies in the world.
Assignments include hands-on projects to cultivate technical, writing, communication and team-building skills. The diversity of our businesses creates a variety of opportunities for students to gain exposure to the work of a first-class public agency
The Aviation department is looking for a summer intern to join their team in the aviation planning unit! Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Under the senior staff’s technical guidance and supervision, the selected intern will assist in identifying and analyzing operational efficiency issues & deficiencies of terminal airspace operations, runway, taxiway operation of the agency’s airport system; and researching and developing feasibility studies to address of these deficiencies under the supervision of senior planning staff;
- Assist senior staff to develop statistical analysis for runway and taxiway improvement planning studies including the Airfield Taxiway System Access Strategic Planning study at JFK/EWR/LGA/SWF;
- Assist senior staff to provide project coordination supports to APD’s planning tasks for the EWR Terminal 1 Redevelopment, JFK Master Planning support, and JFK Runway 4R-22L and Associated West Airfield Planning Study.
- Prepare, update and organize airport data inventories under the directions of senior staff. These inventories include data collected such as airport terminal buildings, cargo facilities, apron, taxiway, runway data and other airport facilities data.
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program for the upcoming Fall 2018 school semester.
- We are seeking interns who are talented, driven and who have a genuine interest in contributing to the success of the New York/New Jersey region.
- We welcome applications from a diverse range of University disciplines and concentrations.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters with excellent communication, research and applicable technical skill
- Proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience in building information modeling and rendering software, Photoshop, AviPlan and AutoTurn
About the Program
- Interns have the opportunity to support their departments with critical projects such as analyzing regional demand data for our airports, conducting interview assessments, development of our annual budget, designing sustainability initiatives, and developing operational plans for retail development.
- On the job, learning is supported by networking sessions with senior management, intern meet and greets and facility tours; broadening your understanding of the agency.
The Selection Process:
- Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
- Interns are selected based on academic achievement, analytical and communication skills, and work experience
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.