This job posting is no longer active.
Project Management of Fiber Optic Implementation and Collaboration, including initial planning, design, implementation, turnover, and support. Oversight is required to ensure that the fiber infrastructure is properly installed, documented, and maintained to support the fiber transformation at various sites. Under the direction of the Senior Network Engineer, Capital Projects, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing fiber deployment in duct banks, conduit, and other fiber paths throughout the facilities
- Managing the documentation of fiber cable strands in a database and validating accuracy
- Documenting fiber optic designs and maintaining design documents of various phases of fiber conduit changes
- Surveying existing fiber optic cabling to determines current strand usage, cable utilization, and additional deployment needs
- Evaluate design considerations and determine/ensure technical success of the proposed architecture
- Validate implementation planning and ensure quality control during the implementation process
- Oversee fiber optic and equipment installation to support systems integrating with the project
- Confirm site acceptance testing of both network and system meet agency requirements
- Track tasks, milestones, progress, and status of the implementation work
- Create, review, and oversee documentation for the network and installed system
- Facilitate turnover of the network and system to appropriate resources within the agency
- Perform network operations work in support of multiple projects
- Driving to multiple facilities as requested/required
- Escalating issues appropriately, accurately, and in a timely manner
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study plus 2-4 years of experience required.3-6 years of experience in Networking Project Management may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience as a manager, leading a technical networking group of administrators / engineers or leading technical networking project teams for a minimum of 2-4 years
- Experience as an individual contributor of hands-on network engineering / deployment work for a minimum of four (4) years
- Capability to design and implement networking solutions across various disciplines
- Excellent written and oral communication (In English) required
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Excellent Microsoft tools skills – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Positive mental attitude and excellent teamwork as well as leadership skills
Technical experience and capability in the following areas:
- Proficient in network design concepts including TCP/IP, routing (EIGRP and BGP), and switching
- Proficient in Cisco routers and switches, including configuration, troubleshooting, and management
- Proficient in network monitoring technologies including SNMP, Syslog, NetFlow, sFlow with capability and flexibility to work on a variety of network management platforms and tools, including: Prime, Solarwinds, and Riverbed
- Knowledge of current voice, video, wireless, optical, and data networking
- Knowledge of Dynamic Host Configuration (DHCP) and Domain Name Servers (DNS)
- Knowledge of load balancing and application networking
- Knowledge of wireless networking, access points, controllers, and 4G for network redundancy
- Knowledge of authentication technologies and servers including ACS and Cisco ISE
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager, Cisco IP phones, and VoIP technology
- Knowledge of unified communications technologies and SIP
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.