This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Assistant Chief Contract Engineer, the selected candidate will be responsible for enforcing clarity and definition in the contract documents prepared to solicit bids on capital construction projects of a wide variety of cost and complexity -for the Port Authority and the Port Authority Trans Hudson Corporation (PATH). Capital projects include building and site work at the various facilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Analyze and review preliminary and final design construction contract documents to determine if work is clearly indicated on contract drawings and supported by technical specifications.
- Produce construction contract books with applicable technical and administrative requirements and coordinated with contract drawings.
- Resolve contractual and technical issues with Engineering staff and other Agency Departments during the design and bidding periods.
- Manage a diverse workload within established schedule milestones and budgets.
- Serve as liaison for the Procurement Department to obtain answers to prospective bidders' questions during the bid period and issue addenda, if needed, to correct or clarify contract documents.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Architecture from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 12 years' relevant experience relating to the development and review of engineering or architectural contract documents for construction of multidisciplinary capital projects with construction costs exceeding $5 million.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and reviewing the technical aspects of preliminary and final design contract drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules and budgets for project deliverables.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction contract terms and conditions clauses (sometimes referred to as the front end or general conditions of the contract) relating to payment methods, time for completion, solicitation and funding variables, staging requirements and operational constraints required for the production of the contract book.
- Familiarity with public agency procurement practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical specifications and The Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) 3-part specification format. CSI - CDT, CCCA or CCS certification a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, written, oral and collaborative skills, including demonstrated experience interacting with project stakeholders to achieve project goals, ability to give clear direction, and demonstrated technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.