Major Capital Projects has overall responsibility for the design and construction delivery of the reconstructed WTC site, PATH Extension to Newark Airport, Gateway Program, the new PABT, as well as the Bayonne Bridge Project as well as management of World Trade Department contracts and other projects assigned to it.
- Assist in the planning, design and delivery of heavy construction packages and will manage design and construction staff and consultant entities charged with building transportation infrastructure that is integral to and connects with major PATH, MTA, NYC & NJ DOT, Amtrak and NJ Transit facilities.
- Work closely with project, construction management, contractor personnel, third parties and stakeholders to ensure that the planning, design and installation of complex infrastructure projects are coordinated and meet delivery schedules.
- Assist in the preparation, review and commenting on support documentation for Board Agenda Items, Policy Review Memorandum of Justifications (PRMJ’s), Memorandum of Justifications /MJ’s), Memorandum of Authorizations (MA’s).
- Assist in the management of day-to-day design and construction activities to ensure that all phases of work is completed within budget, the contracted schedule, and in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Coordination with facility operations.
- Schedule, conduct and provide minutes with action items for project progress, status and coordination meetings.
- Prepare project status reports.
- Work with staff in identifying and resolving project and coordination issues.
- Support senior staff in preparing presentations and project overviews necessary to obtain executive level approvals and to advance the work.
- Review of payments to contractors, consultants and reporting regularly on the design and construction project status to the Program Director.
- Assessing impacts of changes due to stakeholders and/or field conditions and developing and implementing plans to mitigate these impacts to achieve project goals.
- Interfacing with facility staff on staging/logistics issues having impact and/or relating to the current and future operations of facility.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively more responsible experience in construction and project management.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience with methods and techniques related to project management, including the development and implementation of project plans, setting priorities, and incorporating facility operations into project plans.
- Experience working on complex, multifaceted projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of established PA procedures and processes, including but not limited to, project and construction management and the Tenant Construction/Alteration Application (TCA/TAA) review process, financial systems and document control.
- Demonstrated experience with building construction industry in the City of New York, as well as all applicable jurisdictional building codes (i.e., building codes of the City of New York and OSHA).
- Demonstrated experience coordinating design efforts and/or construction activities, managing and influencing project teams, and interacting with contractor and consultant personnel.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including report preparation.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of engineering and/or project management software systems.
- Professional Engineer or Engineer-in-Training certificate with construction experience is desirable.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.