This job posting is no longer active.
The Technology Department manages and supports a wide range of IT solutions in support of the Agency’s mission. The Financial and Contract Management Unit is responsible for the centralized management and control of the Technology Department financial, contract compliance and payment functions. This includes the centralized payment and control of the 140 plus contracts for technology services and products, including the management of Telecommunications utility payments and contract expenditures.
Under the guidance of the Manager, Financial and Contract Management and the supervision of the Supervisor, IT Contract Administration in the Technology Department, the selected candidate will develop and manage a prime and subcontractor Minority-owned Business Enterprise and Woman-owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) participation tracking and reporting process for the Technology Department, as well as manage the Departmental and Agency Telecommunication contracts and payments for approx. 90 monthly invoices and 300 individual accounts.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Financial Manager and Supervisor, Contract Compliance, to ensure all Telecommunication contracts are renewed in a timely manner, are budgeted and have sufficient authorization;
- Work directly with contract managers to ensure contractor obligations and service level agreements are met and/or liquidated damages enforced;
- Work with senior staff to administer contract change management and contract closure;
- Host monthly Telecommunication Meetings with vendors to resolve open issues, provide meeting minutes and updates as well as next step procedures;
- Develop and manage a contractor M/WBE participation tracking and reporting process for the Technology Department
- Follow up with Technology Department contract managers and contractors to ensure M/WBE participation against targets is reported accurately and in a timely fashion
- Interact with Technology Department contract managers, Assistant Directors, Comptroller’s Department and vendors to resolve contract management and payment issues;
- Manage and update Financial and Contract Management Division Reports;
- Recommend process improvements to contract management and invoice processing;
- Approve invoices in SAP up to $5 thousand;
- Provide annual budgets and forecasts for Telecommunication contracts;
- Provide financial data to the Manager, Financial and Contract Management on budget issues involving Telecommunication contracts and payments.
- At times, Supervise clerical staff and associated performance;
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or other related fields from an accredited college or university;
- Three (3) years’ experience in contract management, processing financial transactions and contract reporting and compliance;
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing the Microsoft Desktop or Office 365 software suite
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Three (3) years’ experience with SAP approvals, service entries, goods receipts and reporting.
- Demonstrated competency with contract management procedures and processes and procurement rules and regulations and experience effectively managing several contracts
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and possess a shared organizational value for integrity, flexibility and professional/ethical behavior
- Demonstrated experience handling multiple assignments and heavy workload while meeting tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple contracts and contract payments
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting and forecasting processes
- One (1) year supervisory experience
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish good working relationships with outside vendor representatives, including experience interacting and negotiating with all levels of management, both internal and external
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.