The Port Authority is seeking a Physician for its Office of Medical Services. The Office of Medical Services delivers occupational health services that focus on providing a productive, safe and healthy workforce.
Note - This is a long term, project position with benefits.
The selected candidate will be responsible for performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Performing assessments in connection with workplace injury evaluations
- Conducting medical screenings for pre-placements, and OSHA and federal required examinations
- Monitoring performance of required medical screenings to ensure timely completion
- Performing job fitness for duty examinations upon request
- Ensuring that employees are appropriately returned to duty from an injury on duty or job fitness evaluation within industry standards.
- Acting as Medical Review Officer (MRO) for Port Authority (PA)/PATH. Keeping abreast of new Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, reviewing urine drug reports on an as-needed basis for verification.
- Performing MRO interviews and making MRO determinations within DOT guidelines
- Responding to medical emergencies and providing health safety programs for Port Authority/PATH employees
- Participating in Employee Wellness Fairs and Safety Day at various Port Authority facilities
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- MD degree, board certified, or board eligible
- 3 to 4 years of current experience in internal medicine or occupational medicine
- New York or New Jersey license
- Medical Review Officer certification
- Certified by the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners to perform CDL medical examinations
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.