Reporting to the Manager, Market Research and Analysis, this position provides quantitative and qualitative analytical support essential to the Port Department's industry analysis, marketing, and physical planning capabilities. Key tasks of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs queries from various on-line industry trade databases.
- Conducts routine and non-routine market research and analyses.
- Performs analyses of maritime industry data and intelligence and develops relevant recommendations highlighting market development opportunities and challenges.
- Analyzes and reconciles financial data.
- Support requests for information from public relations.
- Compiles regular activity reports for all cargo types (containerized, bulk and autos) for use by internal and external interests.
- Responds to internal and external requests for specific data queries.
- Prepares reports and/or presentations of various analyses performed.
- Prepares Strategy & Innovation unit budget.
- Analysis and outreach in support of performance initiatives.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in International Business, Business Administration, Economics or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in a data analysis, business development, port/maritime operations, or marketing function.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a Federal Security Background check and obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) to work in a maritime environment as required by Department of Homeland Security.
- Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding of world markets and the maritime industry.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate strategic concepts and analyze strategic proposals.
- Knowledge of quantitative / statistical analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and outside entities in writing, orally, and in person.
- Understanding of project management and planning techniques.
- Demonstrated experience organizing a demanding workload and managing multiple tasks in a tight timeframe.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team as projects require.
- High level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), with specific emphasis on Excel and Access.
- Familiarity with SAP and Budget Pro.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.