This job posting is no longer active.
The Project Management Office (PMO) has one (1) opening for Project Control Specialists to support the development and implementation of the Agency’s Capital projects. The position may be located at New York and New Jersey locations.
Under the supervision of the PMOs Project Controls Manager and Line Department Program Directors, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing project control services to assist the agency in the efficient delivery of projects in the 2017-2026 capital investment program. The selected candidate will also work collaboratively on joint and team projects within the office, these efforts will require coordination with the business and supporting departments. The responsibilities include:
- Develop, maintain, manage and update projects schedules in Oracle Primavera P6 on a monthly basis or as needed in concert with the project management team.
- Maintain proper project and activity codes in the Primavera Systems
- Review project status periodically and identify schedule/cost variance.
- Perform project/program/portfolio cost and schedule analysis.
- Prepare monthly capital progress/variance reports and assist Sr. Project Controls Specialist in preparation of executive level summary reports
- Support the business department in Capital planning prioritization.
- Conduct analysis of the capital plan spending and forecasting, evaluate and report on project progress and performance.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelors of Science degree in an engineering, accounting, economic or business administration discipline from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 3 years of project controls/management experience within the Port Authority or other organization.
- Minimum of 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in the area of project controls. Some experience on medium to large-scale projects in Aviation, Rail, Highways/Roadways, Bridges or Buildings and Utility industries is preferred.
- Expert, hands-on knowledge of Primavera (Oracles Project Management Software) and demonstrate ability to become competent with Port Authority software and reporting systems, within six (6) months.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Thorough understanding of project control concepts, processes and procedures, including project cost control and reporting, project scheduling, project performance reporting, development of project work breakdown structures and reporting on project variances from approved plan.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively, utilizing limited resources to achieve complex goals.
- Clear Understanding of the principles, methods and tools for developing scheduling, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring cost and performance.
- Experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups and project teams.
- Demonstrated customer service, decision-making, problem solving, negotiations and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital planning and assessment, cost-benefit analysis, planning and evaluation, and risk management protocols.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to present findings to management and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work effectively within groups and to complete assigned tasks independently.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification from Project Management Institute is desirable.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.