The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager to manage the delivery of electrical projects and subprojects relative to New Terminal B at LaGuardia (LGA).
Reporting to the Program Director, LGA Redevelopment, the Senior Program Manager will be responsible for management and delivery of the Central Heating and Refrigeration Plant, and two new 27KV Substations. This will include coordination with various Facility Operations, assurance that proper construction inspection and contract administration practices are in place to assure that construction is completed according to the contractual schedule, is within the approved construction budget and that the construction is performed safely and in accordance with all approved documents.
The individual will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Managing and overseeing all aspects of project/ program delivery, including the development of quality Project Management Plans, project/program reporting and development of corrective plans
- Managing and overseeing all aspects of design and construction for LGA Redevelopment, performed by LaGuardia Gateway Partners and Delta Air Lines
- Analyzing project risk and complexity and developing procurement strategies to achieve delivery and performance of the Agency capital and operating programs
- Providing recognition and impetus for the importance of the Board process; supervising the operation of high quality MJ’s, briefing folders, support materials and presentations
- Implementing productivity and process improvements that reduce costs and /or delivery time
- Ensuring continual improved levels of service, quality and increased customer satisfaction through oversight of project implementation, including assurance of collaboration and coordination among all stakeholders and mitigation of facility operational impacts, by fostering conclusive conflict resolution in all Stages
- Ensuring that all project related information is current and accurate
- Providing high-level briefing on project status to senior executive management
- Leading, developing and motivating staff to ensure that the highest level of staff capabilities is aligned with the best industry project management practices and ensuring performance measures are established for staff
- Supervising PA and consultant staff ensuring that the highest level of staff capabilities align with best industry project management practices
- Assisting the Program Director in accomplishing the Division’s day-to-day tasks and responsibilities, and in their absence; attending meetings, making project related decisions, reviewing and signing documents and responding to senior management requests.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering (or related) from an accredited college or university (or related)
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA) in New York and/or New Jersey
- Minimum 10 years progressively responsible senior level project and program management experience in concurrent complex, transportation infrastructure and technology projects, including knowledge of design, construction and procurement, preferably in an airport environment
- Knowledge of construction strategies, processes and procedures in various types of construction, including aeronautical, roadway or terminal type construction
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of consultants and permanent staff
- Thorough knowledge of electrical engineering design process, construction management, construction estimating and project budgeting and scheduling
- Extensive knowledge of project management scheduling, cost control, and scope/code compliance review procedures, along with knowledge of multi-discipline engineering and construction principals
- Substantive knowledge of policies and procedures related to project management systems, administration, the Capital authorization and agenda review processes and document control with a public agency
- Experience developing program and project strategies that achieve business goals and understand the impact on various stakeholders within and outside the Port Authority
- Experience managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams and internal and external stakeholders, including Regulatory Agencies
- Valid driver’s license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated knowledge in monitoring actual budget expenditures and schedules against forecasts
- Substantive knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures related to project management systems, administration, the Capital authorization and agenda review processes and document control
- Substantial knowledge of the Aviation Industry, including the implementation of the Aviation Business and Capital Plan
- Knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures related to the code compliance review and TCAP procedures
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals. The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
In 2016, the agency’s airports handled more than 130 million passengers and 2 million tons of cargo. Some of the major current capital projects include:
- LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment, which will transform LGA into a unified airport with a main terminal, better transportation access with a future AirTrain, more taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities
- Newark Liberty International will be set a new standard for air travel with the redevelopment of Terminal A, and additional updated projects related to Airfield, Parking Garage systems and the redesigning of Landside / Roadways
- John F. Kennedy International’s Redevelopment will focus on an interconnected terminal layout, redesign of on-airport traffic patterns, expanded taxiways, world-class amenities and state-of-the-arte security technology
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.