This job posting is no longer active.
The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Supervisor, Landside Operation & Customer Service to manage service contracts and business relationships at John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) airport.
Under the direction of the Manager, Landside Operations and Customer Service, the Supervisor, Landside Operation & Customer Service will be responsible for:
- Managing contract and business relationships in a customer service friendly Unit Terminal Buildings operation at John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK)
- Managing, coordinating, and controlling the activities of a diverse staff, including PA management, Operations Control Center and field supervisory staff, and contract staff, performing landside and customer service functions, including supervising multiple, complex customer service contracts and programs
- Overseeing the day-to day activities of Jamaica Terminal, focusing on maintaining awareness and a safe, pleasant, functional, and clean terminal, with optimal customer service
- Managing the customer service, welcome centers, information displays, roadway variable message signage, and sign production contracts; and provide backup support with homeless outreach and transportation services contracts – i.e., bussing and parking.
- Overall supervision of unit’s annual budget and administrative functions, including preparation and administration of Unit’s Expense Budget, tracking expenses and adjusting the budget to reflect current needs and priorities in support of Aviation Department business objectives.
- Participating in the coordinated planning, implementation and supervision of operational preparedness and response efforts to emergency situations, and other irregular operations, such as weather events, security events, AirTrain shutdowns, blackouts, aircraft emergencies, construction-related closures, and airport enhancement projects.
- Interacting with various internal PA staff from Security, Traffic Management, Procurement, Law, Properties, Financial Services, Audit, Technical Services, and the Port Authority Police and liaising with external agencies, including airport partners/stakeholders, such as airline and tenant management, U. S. Customs & Border Protection, Transportation Security Administration, the MTA/LIRR, New York City Transit Authority, mutual aid responders, and community representatives, and customers.
- Serve as liaison between the PA and MTA/LIRR, representing the interests of the Department, participating and providing support in discussions and negotiations to resolve operational and maintenance issues, and property interests at Jamaica Terminal.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation, Transportation, Business Management or a related field from an accredited college or university
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in aviation, transportation or related field in a complex operating environment
- Strong leadership capability with experience in managing, developing and motivating diverse teams to achieve high performance
- Valid New York or New Jersey driver’s license
- Ability to report to work expeditiously in response to airport emergencies, including snow emergencies, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s Degree in Aviation, Planning, Project Management, Transportation
- Experience in supervising a diverse workforce, including unionized staff
- Knowledge of PA customer service programs and initiatives and the ability to establish customer service goals for landside service operations and to develop performance measures to assess progress in achieving those goals
- Knowledge of PA proceses and procedures, including procurement, budgeting and contract development and administration, human capital recruitment, and business planning
- Experience in preparing, negotiating and managing multiple, complex large operation service contracts and programs
- Knowledge of airport operations, including aeronautical operations and TSA regulations
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution, oral, written, and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals.
The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
In 2016, the agency’s airports handled more than 130 million passengers and 2 million tons of cargo. Some of the major current capital projects include:
- LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment, which will transform LGA into a unified airport with a main terminal, better transportation access with a future AirTrain, more taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities.
- Newark Liberty International will be set a new standard for air travel with the redevelopment of Terminal A, and additional updated projects related to Airfield, Parking Garage systems and the redesigning of Landside / Roadways.
- John F. Kennedy International’s Redevelopment will focus on an interconnected terminal layout, redesign of on-airport traffic patterns, expanded taxiways, world-class amenities and state-of-the-arte security technology.
We are always seeking dynamic candidates who have a clear interest in a career in public service and show a passion for all areas of aviation/airport management.
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.