This job posting is no longer active.
The Human Resources Department currently has an opening in our Talent Acquisition Division for a Recruiter to support our Operations & Maintenance recruitment efforts. In this position, you will manage internal and external recruitments to fill a high volume of positions that are critical to the operations of our facilities. Our Operations & Maintenance positions are the backbone of the agency and the Recruiter plays an integral role in ensuring we are able to meet the current and future staffing needs of the business.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Talent Acquisition, the Recruiter carries significant responsibility for filling a high volume of critical positions in a fast-paced environment including operations, maintenance, and senior level Field Operations & Maintenance Supervisors. The incumbent of this position will work closely with supervisors and employees across the agency and will have a direct impact on agency operations through staffing.
On a day-to-day basis responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with hiring managers to understand qualification requirements of positions and develop appropriate recruitment strategies
- Manage the candidate experience serving as their point of contact throughout the recruitment process from start to finish
- Develop strategies to build and engage pipelines of external candidates for hard to fill and specialized positions using our candidate relationship management system, Talemetry
- Apply leading-edge recruitment principles to develop and maintain strong candidate relationships
- Utilize full range of recruiting methods including Internet and online database searches, executive and contingency search firms, industry/trade/professional associations, and attending job fairs and conferences
- Manage select Field Operations & Maintenance Supervisor recruitments which can include developing interview protocol; interviewing and evaluating applicants; and extending employment offers
- Perform employment verifications and facilitate on-boarding of new hires
In addition, this position is responsible for leading process improvements and projects to advance the work of the Talent Acquisition Division
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field required;
- 3+ years of recruiting experience in a high volume environment. Candidates with experience recruiting for positions in a unionized environment are highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience sourcing and engaging with candidates and maintaining robust candidate pipelines using a candidate relationship management (CRM) or similiar system
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Staffing experience in a corporate environment is preferred
- Excellent interviewing, multi-tasking, prioritizing, organizational, project management, customer service, problem solving, and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience sourcing candidates for hard to fill positions
- Familiarity with hiring procedures as well as current staffing industry issues and trends
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing sourcing strategies
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of employment laws, policies, practices and trends
- Strong computer skills including strong knowledge of HRIS systems, experience with PeopleSoft is preferred
- HR professional certifications such as PHR or SPHR® is highly desirable
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.