Reporting to the Resident Engineer and/or an Assistant Resident or his designee, the Engineer will be responsible for the inspection of on-going construction projects to ensure compliance with contract specifications and drawings; preparation of construction costs estimates; evaluate project scopes, develop construction criteria, budgets for Construction Management services and construction schedules.
Responsibilities also include but are not limited to:
- Prepare preliminary and detailed estimates, review of new construction of electrical related projects and designs for the rehabilitation of electrical, power and communication systems, and installation-type work. Review criteria, which includes the analysis and determination of the feasible construction methods.
- Review of preliminary conceptual design work and planning for Capital Improvement Projects and Major Work Programs. Provide construction impacts to the Client Department with construction alternatives and associated cost for future planning and funding of projects.
- Preparation of contract documents consisting of reviewing drawings, technical specifications, construction costs estimates to meet the requirements of the Client Department within time schedules and budgets.
- Ensures that projects are coordinated with other on-going work, Line Department facilities and outside entities (utilities companies, contractors, etc.). Minimize disruption of normal facility operations.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or related Sciences from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in new or existing electrical rehabilitation work with principal experience in electrical power, communication and signal work, including design and specification writing for commercial and industrial facilities, including building and airfield work.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Possess a Professional Engineer’s License (State of NY or NJ) and/or an electrical license.
- Demonstrated experience working with Facility staff, Operations, and Maintenance staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Review of Construction drawings and Contract documents.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, and qualification among peers of permanent and consultant staff.
- Experience should include ability to perform design calculations to verify general design criteria.
- Proficiency in preparing contract drawings such as equipment layouts, plans, sections, details, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently and prioritize as required.
- Proficient in the use of software applications, such as Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage, and prioritize multiple assignments with multiple disciplines.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.