The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking a experienced Supervisor, Airport Financial Planning to represent the financial perspective at John F. Kennedy International (JFK).
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, Aviation Financial Services, the Supervisor, Airport Financial Planning will be responsible for directing and monitoring financial activities at JFK, as well as providing a range of financial services to Aviation, Comptroller's, and other PA staff. Among other responsibilities, the Supervisor will:
- Represent financial perspective to facility and other Aviation Department staff and pursue strategies to achieve it
- Develop and monitor various airline and tenant billing including Flight Fee, Fuel Fees, CHRP fees and FAR Boarding Security Fee. Develop current and future year estimated cost recoveries for these fees, manage the Fee Calculation process, and manage capital investment recovery via settlement forecast process
- Coordinate and assist Comptroller's Department in development of the final master lease calculations by providing information and reviewing calculations for reasonableness and accuracy. Effectively communicate information to airline representatives and other staff. Provide information to the airlines and tenants in a clear, concise format and in time for bi-annual airline meetings
- Prepare financial analyses for proposed projects, lease arrangements, contracts and financing agreements to support Board Agenda Items, Memorandums of Justification, Memorandums of Authorization and tenant lease negotiations
- Manage staff to ensure responsiveness to both financial requirements and facility needs
- Supervise and guide subordinates' work to provide value-added analyses and useful reports
- Seek out developmental opportunities and guide staff to take on new and wider responsibilities
- Monitor John F. Kennedy International Airport financial performance and improve the financial accountability structure within facility units. Supervise preparation of facility annual Budget, Year-End Estimate, and contribute to preparation of Long Range Forecast (Revenue, Expense & Capital)
- Coordinate monthly reviews and analyses of revenue, operating expenses (including contracts), capital spending, and oversee preparation of variance and performance measure reports. Review and comment on variance and performance measure reports sent by Aviation Finance, facility staff and /or MBD staff
- Prepare and monitor cost allocations for electricity and water charges including coordination and preparation of monthly Accrued Liabilities Report for water billings at the Facility. Investigate and resolve any issues related to utility billings; working with all units at the airport, Aviation and Comptrollers Department staff, as well as tenants and outside agencies, to obtain information and resolve discrepancies
- Provide support to the AD, Finance on both facility-specific and department-wide matters. Support and advise facility general manager and facility division managers on financial matters, integrating both financial and non-financial considerations. Provide value added analyses and useful reports including specialized variance and cost reports, Cost accounting tables and map updates, utility costs and other reports as necessary
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a financial discipline or related field
- Minimum seven to ten (7-10) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance, budgeting, or business where you have performed any of the following:
- Business, financial transactions, budget and variance analytics
- Accounting, budget and financial policies and procedures
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with any of the following financial reporting systems: SAP, PeopleSoft, BudgetPro, InCAPS, Cognos, Essbase or related
- Experience presenting financial information to all level staff including executive leadership
- Experience with Microsoft Excel where you have audited large volume data for auditing purposes including strong experience utilizing formulas to help create a picture of findings
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience developing and monitoring flight fees for various airlines
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Self-starter with the ability to assume a leadership role and make decisions
- Demonstrated experience in flexibly adapting to the demands of multiple diverse situations, operating effectively in the face of uncertainty and change, and aligning professional goals with the needs and priorities of the organization
- Working knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures and/or Port Authority accounting and financial structure
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals. The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
In 2016, the agency’s airports handled more than 130 million passengers and 2 million tons of cargo. Some of the major current capital projects include:
- LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment, which will transform LGA into a unified airport with a main terminal, better transportation access with a future AirTrain, more taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities
- Newark Liberty International will be set a new standard for air travel with the redevelopment of Terminal A, and additional updated projects related to Airfield, Parking Garage systems and the redesigning of Landside / Roadways
- John F. Kennedy International’s Redevelopment will focus on an interconnected terminal layout, redesign of on-airport traffic patterns, expanded taxiways, world-class amenities and state-of-the-arte security technology
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.