This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Capital Planning, the selected candidate will be responsible for all financial analyses related with the oversight, performance, update and integration of the Agency’s Capital Plan to ensure compliance with the Agency’s strategic objectives, priorities and financial capacity. The roles and responsibilities for this position include coordination of the annual Capital Budget with the Agency’s and Line Departments’ business plans and Enterprise Risk Management Plan (ERM). Further the position identifies Plan risks and the development of short and long term strategies for the management and oversight of the 10-year Capital Plan. You will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement short and long term strategies, including identification of Plan risks and mitigations, to advance the Capital Plan consistent with the Agency’s priorities and financial capacity.
- Review and evaluate the Line Department’s business plans and ERM to recommend appropriateness and prioritization of proposed Capital projects.
- Perform financial analysis and consult risk assessments to determine merits of undertaking certain Capital projects.
- Develop and/or update policies and procedures to improve the Capital Plan development and update process, including refinement of the Capital project prioritization process for Expand and Connect and Partnering Projects.
- Maintain, update and develop the Agency’s Project Planning policies, standards, processes and procedures.
- Update, develop and implement standardized project/program performance metrics and reports, including monitoring and benchmarking methodology.
Financial Analysis, Risk Management and Reporting:
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis as well as considering risk factors of the Capital Plan to determine compliance with established performance criteria in accordance with agency-wide Capital Plan goals, agency-wide financial capacity, and impact on future operations.
- Perform program/project performance analysis, to support monthly, quarterly and yearly performance reporting on actual and forecast performance against plan.
Capital Plan Support:
- Review Board items, Memorandum of Justification and Authorizations for compliance with the approved Capital Plan and budget and work with Line and other Supporting Departments to identify Capital project offsets whenever required.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Planning, or related fields from an accredited college or university .
- Several years of capital project/planning experience (can be substituted with related experience).
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Masters or advance degree from an accredited college or university in planning, finance, data analysis, or related fields.
- Knowledge of project planning and management processes and procedures as well as clear understanding of cross-departmental interrelationships.
- Demonstrated superior analytical, problem solving, decision-making, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams and internal stakeholders.
- Recognized leadership qualities in the guidance of collaborative team efforts to deliver the project objectives.
- Experience coordinating and implementing policies, standards, processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking capabilities and the ability to establish and manage critical priorities.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing innovative strategies and solutions.
- Expertise with MS Office applications and experience with corporate financial and project management systems such as ICMS/COGNOS and SAP.
- Ability to establish plans and priorities; Organize human, physical and financial resources to achieve department goals and optimal outcomes.
- Drive change and innovations that continuously improve agency effectiveness with an awareness of impacts on staff and others.
- Excellent organizational and communication (oral and written) skills with the ability to present technical and financial information in a clear, concise and informative manner to senior management and stakeholders.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.