Reporting directly to the Assistant Director and Program Director of the PATH Capital Projects Management Division, the position holder will provide technical support and guidance to the Division's Staff relating to upgrade, construction, inspection, testing, preventive maintenance, and design activities relating to PATH’s mission critical assets and infrastructure, specifically RR Track Infrastructure and RR Facilities. This includes the review of design drawings, contract documents, contractor questions and submittals and all other technical documents related to the delivery of the PATH capital program. Following responsibilities represent a partial list of typical functions:
- The selected individual will be instrumental in facilitating system capacity improvements; implementation of standards, regulations, standard operating procedures, instructions, and accepted RR industry practices;
- Preparation and implementation of staff training and development programs; ensure that facilities within the PATH's responsibility are maintained in a State of Good Repair, and that as-built documents and O&M manuals are provided and complete;
- Potentially assist in incident investigations and analysis, and development of corrective measures; maintain effective working relationships with Division personnel, other PA Divisions and Departments, outside agencies, contractors, consultants, manufacturers and suppliers.
- Responsible for maintaining all property-related documents, coordination with neighboring rail transit systems, utilities, commercial and civic entities, execution of access agreements, ROW, work arrangements etc. with these same entities.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachlelor Degree or Master Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required.
- Extensive experience (minimum 10years) in supervisory/management role in the design, construction, testing, and/or maintenance in addition to a degree.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- P.E. license is preferred
- Apt knowledge of current technology trends, applicable industry standards, recommended practices, codes, and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) regulations; knowledge of rail transit operations and RR safety procedures.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including ability to complete complex technical assignments and prepare and analyze technical reports.
- Proficient in the use of standard office computer application programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Effective interpersonal and motivational skills, and experience in successfully working with, leading, and supervising diverse employee groups.
- Demonstrated ability to interact successfully with all levels of management, other Divisions and Departments, and external business contacts and agencies.
- Ability to work in both an office and field environment in an operating rail rapid transit system.
- A candidate must be available to work out of hours and on weekends as required.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.