This job posting is no longer active.
World Trade Center Department (WTCD) is seeking a Principal Financial Analyst reporting to the WTCD Program Budget Director. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing financial analysis and forecasts, scenario modeling, budgeting, and related quantitative analyses on existing and proposed commercial real estate agreements. Examples of existing real estate agreements include the 1 WTC Durst joint venture and the Silverstein net leases; an example of potential future agreements would include the Tower 5 development site. Specific responsibilities of the position to include:
- Maintain proformas on certain PA WTC assets including, for example, proformas for 7 WTC, 4 WTC, and 3 WTC, and possibly 1 WTC; provide income, expense, occupancy and related forecasts for annual budget and quarterly forecasts. Perform “what if” scenarios using proforma models as requested.
- Serve as liaison with other PA departments, (MBD, Office of Financial Planning, WTCC, Law, Real Estate, Engineering, etc.) on WTC real estate financial issues.
- In conjunction with other Port Authority departments and senior executives, provide financial analysis pertaining to business transactions such as a future 5 WTC development or 2 WTC development.
- Help to prepare materials for WTCD board items and briefings including financial analyses.
- Responsible for strategic analysis of revenues and expenses in order to maximize the agency’s financial capital.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, Economics or other related field. Advanced degree is desirable.
- 3-5 years of experience as an analyst or similar role pertaining to class-A office properties
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated proficiency in real estate financial analysis and thorough knowledge of commercial leases and contracts and demonstrated proficiency with real estate proforma modeling in Excel and preferably Argus software.
- Ability to verbally communicate complicated financial concepts to non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles of capital budgeting and financial accounting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with Port Authority staff at all level as well as external clients or business partners.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.